Chapter 32

"Valerie?" Melanie knocked of her sister's door. She had an urge to break into "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman." The song seemed perfect for the snow. She could always relate to that movie, especially with her and Valerie's relationship.

"Come in Melanie." She heard Valerie say softly.

"It's Snowing!" She skipped in her room and belly flopped on her sisters bed over the clothes she had been folding. It was childish and something Melanie always did when she was little, and Valerie hated it, but now Valerie just laughed and so did Melanie.

"You are such a big kid, Mel."

"Why are you doing up so late?" Melanie rested her head on top of her bent arm. She already knew the answer, but she still needed to get some dirt on Valerie's mind-frame for Mr. Abe.

Valerie yawned cocking her head toward the digital clock, "It's late?"

"Worried about tomorrow?" Melanie asked.

"I'm just about to meet a total stranger that has been gawking at me from a distance, on a bridge at night."

Melanie chuckled deeply, when she put it like that maybe it wasn't as romantic as she thought."Well he knows Christian."

She gasped dramatically, "That makes me feel so much better." She threw a pillow at Melanie, she dodged it and giggled

Valerie sat up on her bed and held another pillow, like they used to when they had their movie nights. "So where have you been, and why are you glowing?" She slid the back of her hand across Melanie's she was sure she could feel the warmth rising from her neck.

"What glow?" She fought more with her smile pulling away.

"You know what glow." Val cocked her head and stretched her eyebrows.

Melanie just rolled her eyes

"How's Shaggs?" She shot her a knowing smirk.

Melanie's mouth dropped as she tossed the pillow back at her. "His wife just left him, I was just being a friend." She stuck her tongue out.

She cocked her head, "What? I can't be the only one that thought ya'll would have little shaggy babies by now."

"Okay, change the subject."

Valerie giggled. "Too soon?"

"Speaking of Shaggy babies, if you hear that I'm having Mr. Abe's love child, just know that Ms. Joann talks to much, and Mr. Abe plays too much."

Melanie busted into laugher, "He did not tell Ms. Joann that."

"For you." She smiled, "So this town wouldn't know all your business."

"You should have told her I was pregnant with Christian's baby." She laughed.

Valerie laughed/"She's gonna tell me Which one of the Goodwin boys made a swirl baby with one of the Davison sister."

Melanie put her lips together. "That's why I hate it here."

"Mel."

Melanie shook it off, remembering her 'mission' "So which Goodwin would you swirl with." She wiggled her eyebrows."Come on, you know you thought about it. Everybody has thought about it. They are like the Baldwins of Vincentville."

"You are aware I live next door to all of them."

"And they are all single." She giggled.

"I like Issac."

"Shut up!" She smacked her with the pillow, she almost had to catch herself as jealousy flooded through her. Maybe she wasn't as over him as she thought she was.