Chapter 46

The hotel was down the street from the restaurant, and just a large and beautiful. A bellhop came to take their over night bags, a reminder that she was going to stay the night with him. They approached the concierge counter.

"What's the name?" The dark blond guy said behind the counter. His glasses held the refection of the white screen.

"Abe Goodwin."

He tapped on his keyboard and his green eyes lit up with contentment, " Here you are."

When Abe slid his bulldogs card, the guy studied it.

"Dogs fan?"

"Go dawgs!" He grunted clinching his fist.

Valerie had to laugh.

When they had gotten their room keys they took the elevator again to their room. Valerie just leaned against the rail watching Abe talk to the bellhop apparently the two men had found something to chat about. He was a kid from North Carolina, he was a business student from Morris Brown. They talked to each other like old friends and Abe even gave him loads of advice about starting his own business. She was even surprised when he'd mentioned his son and his graphic arts business.

Valerie wondered if he was talking about Christian. It made the sudden interest in photography and the beautiful pictures make sense. The bell hop opened the door and walked in with them. Valerie strolled in as the two men talked.

The room was large and beautiful. She looked yo and noticed the chandeliers on the roof and the black and gold decor. The dimly lit room and the plush pillows on the couch in front of the fireplace looked inviting. She walked over to window and looked out over the night sky over the city. She id love the country, but the view was still worthy to be appreciate. She wanted to take it all in.

She looked over at Abe, as him and the bellhop exchanging information. He was networking like a real business man. She strolled up to him as he closed the door.

"Sorry about that." He said.

"Just enjoying the conversation of a young business man." Valerie spoke.

"You know me."

She cocked her head, "Do I?"

He looked into her eyes cradling her face. "You do, Val."

"I don't know everything." She admitted.

He brought his mouth to her sliding his fingers down to the small of her back. "What do you need to know, Val?"

She curled her hands around his neck playing with the hair on the nape of his neck. She took his hand and gently guided it over her breast where her heart beat, "I just want to know if I can trust you with this, Abe? I know it sounds stupid, childish even, but I need to hear it."

"That's for you to decide, baby." He said against her lips, "Just know that I will do all I can to protect that and help you heal, but you have to let me. I need you to trust me, Babe."

"I want to trust you Abe." She purred.

"You will." He assured, Abe curled his arms around her, rocking her gently, "I love the way you feel in my arms. I don't know how I'm going to ever let you go."

"So don't." She begged.

Abe began kissing her lips tenderly, tugging at the zipper on her dress until it flowed to the ground around her feet. She took him by the hand and lead him to the bedroom. Stopping short of the door as she strolled to bed and sat on the edge of the bed and looked at watched him.

She sat there in her bra and panties and her dark eyes stared into him. He slid off his jacket and tossed it on the floor and slowly unfastened the buttons from his dress shirt pulling the fabric from his body. He cradled her head dipping his tongue in her mouth, slipping the condom out of his pocket. This time he bought a pack from Joann's and he wanted her to suspect everything about Valerie.