Chapter 5

"Are you still on this? Just let it go." I say.

"It really might sound like you have a crush on her Kara." Julie says. Yes Julie has joined the argument now. Alex and Peyton felt the need to tell her about Luna and now I have 3 people that just won't shut up about it. 

"No I don't. Can't we just be here, have some drinks and have fun like we always do. I don't wanna talk about Luna." I say and I get up to walk over to the bar to get another drink. "A beer please." I say to the barthender and she gets right to it and gets it ready for me. Alex sits down besides me on a stool.

"I'm sorry Kara, we'll shut up about her." Alex says and I just nod. The barthender hands me my beer and I drink it all the way down at once. 

"Okay well let's have some fun then." I say putting the glass back down and get off the stool to then join Peyton and Julie again at the table we were sitting at.

After a few drinks Julie and Alex we're busy making out leaving just Peyton and me. "See anyone you're interested in?" Peyton asked me. I take a quick look around the bar trying to find someone but no one speaks to me. There are a few hot girls hanging out at the pool table but nothing I want to do anything with. 

"No not really." I say to Peyton after looking back at her. 

"What about her, she's hot." I look over to where she was looking at and it was a girl with brown hair and she got a piercing in her eyebrow. 

"No I already slept with her. Her name's Sara, I had a great time with her but she never talked to me again." I explain to Peyton. That's how it always worked. I started talking to a girl in this exact bar. Then she'd take me to her place or I'd take her to mine and after that one night nothing happened anymore. I'm used to the rejections by now I really wish I could find someone to stick though. Maybe the bar is not a good place to find someone for that. Maybe I should just stop doing this. 

Maybe all of my friends are right and I have a crush on Luna and maybe something can come from it, who knows? I don't know, I definitely know that I can't wait for Saturday to see her again. 

"I think I'm done with just making out with people in the bar." I say to Peyton. She looks at me shocked. 

"Are you okay?" Peyton asks me sounding really concerned. 

"Yes. I'm done with one night stands. I want to be in a relationship. Like what these love birds have?" I say pointing to Julia and Alex who were still making out. 

"Does this maybe have anything to do with Luna?" Peyton says and I look at her annoyed. "I know what you said. But you don't fool me, I can tell that she's someone special." 

"I barely know her." I reply to her. 

"Then get to know her, spend time with her instead of just sitting at the bar doing nothing." She says and I slowly nod my head. 

"Maybe you're right." I say. I get my phone out of my pocket and text Luna to see if she wants to hang out. I know this girl maybe a day and I already feel like I have a crush on her. Is that crazy? Maybe it is but whatever. I send the text and wait for her reply. Surprisingly she replies pretty quickly. 

"I'm at the park close to the work with my little sister. You can come if you want :)" The text reads. I tell Peyton this and I head out. Everything in this town is pretty close to each other so luckily it's not that far away. 

"Hey Kara, over here!" I hear someone yell behind me. I turn around and see Luna sitting down at a bench waving at me. Suddenly as I'm walking over to her I get this nervous rush through my body. No idea why. 

"Hey." I say sitting down next to her on the bench. 

"Hey." She says back with a little laugh. 

"That your sister?" I ask pointing to the girl going down the slide. 

"Yeah, her name's Catherine, Cat for short." She says. 

"She's cute, looks a lot like you." I say. Did I just say that Luna's cute by saying that? She laughs a bit. 

"Why did you wanna hang out?" She asks me. Like I'd need a reason to hang out with Luna.

"I was at a bar with some friends. My best friend and her girlfriend were too busy with each other and my other friend went home." I say lying about the last part. "I got bored and maybe you wanted to hang out."

"Of course. I do have to go home soon though, It's getting late and Cat needs to go to bed on time." She says and I nod. I didn't really know what to say now. I bet I look so nervous and just stupid right now and she looks like a normal person.

We talk for a little while longer and then she really has to go. "Maybe we can hang out on Friday? And Saturday and Sunday we work so you'll be seeing enough of me anyways." She jokes. 

"I would love to hang out on Friday." I say. 

"Okay I gotta go but I'll text you." She says and I nod. 

I stay put in the park on the bench as Luna leaves. Is it weird that I'm liking this girl and that I might have a crush on her. I mean you can't blame me. Have you seen her? She's so nice. She's so beautiful. She's just so perfect I can't descibe her. 

My phone beeps. I get it out of my pocket and see that Luna has texted me and automatically a smile appears on my face. I open the text to see what it says. "Can't wait for Friday." It says. Is she really that excited to hang out with me? Or maybe she's just excited to have a friend since she doesn't really have any other friends than me. 

I smile and text her back. "I can't wait either." I say and close my phone and walk back home.