Chapter 17

"Babe it's not that I don't like kissing you but I really have to go to school." I say. I'm sitting on the couch with Luna sitting on top on me making it very hard for me to get up.

"No don't leave me just stay here with me." She says and kisses me again trying to make me stay home from school.

"I can't miss school I have important tests." I say while I try to get up but Luna is making it impossible for me.

"Am I not important?" She asks and pouts making her look all cute.

"You are the most important but I gotta go." I say.

"Ugh I'm so bored every day when you go to school." She complains but finally gets off of me so I can get up.

"Next week is winter break, it's only a few more days and then we're going skiing with my dad and you'll be going to school too after break." I say and she nods her head.

"Yeah I know." Luna says. "Can I walk with you to school though?" She asks as she grabs my hand.

"Of course, you have a key right?" I ask her she nods. "Okay let's go cause I'm gonna be late." I say and we head out. I walk in a fast pace and Luna tries to keep up.

"Why do you have to walk so fast." She says while I drag her along.

"Because you wouldn't let me get up earlier and I don't wanna be late." I say. She sighs but keeps walking.

"Alright we're here." I say slowing down.

"Finally you're here. You weren't at your locker class starts in 3 minutes." Alex says approaching us.

"I know I'm late, blame her." I say pointing at Luna.

"Totally worth it." She says and laughs.

"Babe I gotta go. I'll call you at lunch break like always." I say and give her a quick kiss before going inside with Alex.

"You and Luna really are the cutest." Alex says. "I'm jealous."

"Come on what you have with Julie is so special." I say.

"Yeah, she broke up with me last night." She says and walks faster putting distance between me and her. I look at her shocked as she walks faster. I quickly run catching up with her.

"What? What happened?" I ask her. I would have never expected them to break up they were perfect for each other.

"Apparently I'm too bossy whatever I don't wanna talk about it." Alex says. We walk into class dead silence and we go sit in the back as usual.

I get my phone out and start typing a text to Julie. There's no way she can get away with hurting my best friend like that.

"What are you doing?" Alex whispers to me looking at my phone.

"Sending a message to Julie. You really think I would let it go that she hurt you like this?" I say continuing typing the text.

"Okay don't." She says snatching the phone away from my hands. "I love that you care about me but please don't."

"Alright fine but you gotta tell me what happened, and then I'll kill that bitch and you're coming to my house after school. I can't believe you didn't call me last night." I say. Alex just nods her head and just pays attention to the teacher who she's probably not even listening to. "Can I have my phone back?" I ask her. She hands me my phone without speaking to me or looking at me.

I can't believe Julie broke up with Alex. They were together for so long and I've never noticed that they were having problems. Was I too focused on my own life that I didn't see what Alex was going through? She didn't even call me to tell me what happened. She would have done that. Am I a bad friend?

"Tell me what happened?" I ask Alex again. She has shut me off the whole day. We're walking to my house but Alex just won't talk to me.

"Yesterday me and Julie were hanging out and I have had the feeling that something wasn't right." Alex says and pauses a little. "We got in a fight and she told me she thinks I'm too bossy and selfish. She ended it and left. I didn't call you because I was too upset to talk to anyone."

"Alex, I'm so sorry. I should have been there for you." I say and stop walking and turn to her and make her stop walking too.

"You couldn't know." Alex says looking down. I see a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Come here." I say and hug her tight.

"We had plans Kara." She cries out on my shoulder. "We were going to spend christmas and new years together."

"Hey you are so amazing. Julie is missing out on everything. You will find someone better than her." I say as I rub her back with my hand. My phone starts ringing. I take it out of my pocket and see that it's Luna. I guess I'm late. "It's Luna." I let Alex know.

"I'll be home soon babe." I say when I pick up.

"Okay just checking, you okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah just something with Alex, She's coming with me. We'll be home in 5 minutes." I say.

"Okay see you soon." Luna says and hangs up the phone. I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Come on." I say. Me and Alex keep walking home. When we get home Alex goes immediately upstairs to my room and passes Luna on the stairs but doesn't say hello.

"What's wrong with Alex?" Luna comes downstairs to me and kisses me quickly.

"She and Julie broke up yesterday." I say.

"Oh that sucks. I thought they would last forever they had something so special." Luna says we both sit down on the couch.

"Yeah I thought so too, I never saw this coming. Alex is heartbroken." I say and rest my head on Luna's shoulder.

"She'll be alright. She's lucky to have you as her friend." Luna says and I nod slightly.