Chapter 13

"How did your history test go?" Alex asks me as we're eating lunch.

"It went okay." I say, usually I do great on every test. I might be a little nerd. But yesterday I was so distracted by Luna that I couldn't concentrate on studying at all. "You?" I ask.

"It went great for once." She says laughing. Tests neer go well for her so she's glad she's doing well now. It's like the tables flipped around. She's good now, and I suck. I'll get my head in the game again.

"I wanna go home." I say.

"No you just wanna go to Luna." Peyton says joining our table.

"That is true." I say not denying the fact that I miss Luna. Even though we basically live together, I miss her every second when I'm not with her. "Where's Ollie?" I ask. "Still not coming?" Peyton shakes her head and I sigh and drop my head. I miss him.

"I'm sorry Kara. I tried to talk to him about it he's just upset, he'll come around eventually." She says and I nod.

"I just want to talk to him. Why does he not understand that I'm gay and that I don't like him like that?" I say.

"It's hard for him Kara, you have to understand that too. He's been in love with you since the day you two met." Alex says.

"Yeah I'm sorry, I just miss my best friend that's all." I say.

"You still have us." Peyton says smiling.

"Yeah I know. I'm gonna go outside for a bit and call Luna." I say standing up and they both nod.

I walk outside of the school building and just when I'm about to call Luna I see Ollie sitting alone under a tree eating a sandwich. I walk over to him, he doesn't notice me.

"Can I sit here?" I ask him.

"Sure." He says emotionless.

We sit in silence for a while until I decide to break the silence. "I'm sorry." Is all I say.

"What for?" Still emotionless.

"For hurting you. I never meant to." I say.

"I know that Kara. But what if Luna was straight. You love her and she loves someone that you can never be because they're the other gender, it would hurt you so much and that's what I feel right now." Ollie says.

"I'm sorry I know that must hurt but you can't blame me Ollie. We've been friends forever, I don't want to lose you, I miss you already and it's been like a week." I say.

"Yeah I miss you too but I can't watch you be in love with someone else. It hurts me." Ollie says and wipes a tear away from his face. "I really wanna keep being friends with you but it's just too hard." He says standing up. "I'm sorry Kara." He says looking me in my eyes. I start crying as he walks away from me.

"Ollie wait." I say running after him. "Please don't go." I say while crying.

"I love you too much to see you in love with someone else." He says with his back facing me and then leaves. I drop to the floor crying. I've really lost him. He's gone out of my life now just because I'm gay. I don't choose who I fall in love with. Why can't he understand that?

"Kara!" I hear someone yelling for me. I've skipped the remaining periods after lunch. I've been sitting under the tree where Ollie and I were sitting earlier. I look to my right to see Peyton and Alex running up to me. I look away from them without a reaction.

"Kara what happened? Did something happen with Luna? You didn't come back." Alex says sounding very worried.

"No I never got to call Luna." I say. Now I'm the one with no emotion.

"What happened?" Peyton asks we as they both sit down next to me.

"I um talked to Ollie. He thinks it's best if we're not friends anymore. I've lost him for good." I say starting to cry all over again just thinking about the fact that I've lost.

Neither Alex or Peyton know what to say. I don't care actually. Nothing anyone can say can make me feel better. I lost the friend who I've known since I was 4 years old. He's always been my best friend. Sure I still have Alex and Peyton. And I have Luna now but I really wish I had Ollie in my life too still.

"I think I'm just gonna go home." I say getting up.

"Do you want a ride?" Peyton asks me.

"No I'll be fine." I say and start walking home.

"I'll walk with her, you go home I'll call you later." I hear Alex say behind me.

"I don't wanna talk." I say when Alex catches up with me.

"I know, you don't have to. I just don't want you to be alone while you're hurting." Alex says. My phone starts ringing. I look at it, It's luna. Instead of answering I close my phone and put it back in my pocket. "Why aren't you answering her?" Alex asks. I shrug my shoulders. My phone starts ringing again. I sigh taking it out of my pocket. Luna again. I plan on closing my phone but before I could do that Alex rips my phone out of my hand. I look at her annoyed and answers the phone.

Luna speaks but I can't get out of what she is saying it but she's talking very fast. "Calm down Luna, It's me Alex." She says. Moment of silence again from Alex. "Something happened but it's gonna be okay, I'm bringing Kara home now... Okay bye see you soon." Alex says and hangs up the phone.

"I know you're in a pissy mood right now but your girlfriend was worried about you because you didn't talk to her all day. Don't take this anger coming from Ollie out on the people that love you." Alex says and we stop in front of my house. "Listen I know this is hard to lose him, You've still got me and I'm your best friend too right?" I nod slightly. "And you've got Luna. Don't turn on her too okay?" Alex says trying to be very clear. I get that I shouldn't work this sadness on my friends but I miss Ollie. We used to do everything together when we were kids. His and my family always went on camping trips together until my mom left. Then we kinda just stopped with that. I just want my friend back.

I just nod and walk in my house with Alex behind me. I go straight upstairs passing Luna on the stairs, I grab her hand and drag her to my room with me. "Kara what happened?" Luna asks me. I enter my room and without saying anything I just hug Luna and start sobbing.

"He just left." I cry out.

"I'm gonna head out, call me if you need me Luna." I hear Alex saying from my bedroom door.

"Okay thanks Alex." Luna says. Luna has her arms wrapped tightly around my waist. "It's gonna be okay sweetie." She says trying to calm me down but I keep sobbing in her arms. "Come here." Luna says hrabbing both of my hands and walking towards the bed. She sits down and motions for me to sit on her lap. I sit down like she asked me and I wrap my arms around her shoulder as she wraps her around my waist.

"Why don't you explain to me what happened and we can work this out." She says in a calming voice.

I explain her the whole situation. I tell her how good friends Ollie and I were and how he just walked away from me just because I'm gay and have a girlfriend. It's not like he's a homophobe, he always supported Alex and her relationship with Julia. Just because he has a crush on me he can't be happy for me.

"I just want to be happy and have all my friends in my life still." I say to Luna as I have my head on her shoulder and she has her arm around me.

"Maybe he just needs a little time away and when he realises how awesome you are, he'll realise it was a mistake to just leave you and he'll come back to you." Luna says.

"Maybe." I say.

Luna lays down on the bed and I crawl into her arms. I hold her tight and close to me.

"Luna?"

"Yeah." She answers while rubbing my back with her hand.

"I'm sorry I didn't call." I say and Luna giggles a little.

"It's okay cutie, I'm just glad you're okay." She says. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.