Chapter 15

"I wanna do something." Luna says while again I am studying.

"Go for a walk." I say trying to get my head in studying and not at Luna like last week. I can't keep failing tests because of Luna or dad would not agree with Luna living here anymore and I can't have her living on the streets again.

"Fine, clearly you don't wanna spend time with me." Luna says as she gets off my bed and walks out of my room. I did not mean for her to get mad at me.

"I love you." I quickly yell after her. She doesn't respond. Great she's mad at me. I'll make up for it later I really gotta study now.

After about 2 hours of studying there is a really strong smell. A good smell but where is it coming from?

"Luna?" No one answers. I get up from the chair and walk to where the smell is coming from. The kitchen. I go downstairs and go to the kitchen.

"Hey." Luna says all smiley. She's wearing my apron I usually use when I bake. She looks adorable.

"What are you doing?" I ask her confused. Her hair is a little white from flour I guess.

"I'm baking." She says.

"I can see that." I say laughing a little and looking around the kitchen at the mess she made.

"I'm gonna clean that up I promise." She says.

"You um." I say laughing a little as I get closer to her.

"What?" She asks confused.

"You have a little flour on your nose." I say and wipe it away with my thumb. "So now you're all good." I say when I finish unflouring her nose.

"Thanks." She says and giggles. She wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap my arms around her waist and she leans in to kiss me.

"What are you baking?" I ask her curious and I'm very hungry so I would like something to eat right now.

"Chocolate chip cookies." She says. "But you can't have any." She says giving me a quick kiss on my nose and then lets go off me turning to the oven. She gets the plate of cookies out of the oven.

"Why don't I get any?"

"Because you wouldn't pay attention to me." She says smiling knowing that she is annoying me right now.

"But I would really like a cookie." I say sadly and pout.

"Don't give me those puppy eyes." Luna says turning away from me so she doesn't see my adorable puppy eyes.

"I promise I'll spend the rest of the day with you but if I fail that test I'm blaming you." I say trying to convince her to give me a cookie because god dammit they look good.

"Alright fine." She says turning around again. I jump up like a little kid and hug Luna.

"Can I have one now?" I ask Luna for permission like a little kid.

"Sure but they're still hot." She says warning me.

"They're the best when they're still warm." I say taking one off of the plate carefully so I don't burn myself.

"So you wanna do something?" Luna asks me when I finish my cookie. She wraps her arms back around my neck and I wrap my arms around her waist.

"Yeah what do you wanna do?" I ask her.

"You wanna go for a walk?" She suggests. I nod my head and give her a quick kiss.

"Let me go upstairs and get some jackets and my keys and we can head out." I say letting go of her. She nods and I quickly go upstairs for our things.

I go back downstairs where Luna is waiting for me. "You left your phone in the kitchen, you got a text from your dad." She says. She hands me my phone and I give her one of my jackets that she can use. It's very lucky that we have the same sizes since she doesn't have a lot of clothes. I open my phone to see the text.

I'll be home around 7 today, can you order 2 small pizzas and I want to talk to you and Luna about something.

I automatically get a little bit nervous that he wants to talk about something. What if Luna living here is not working out anymore and she has to go. I really hope not I love being around Luna so much and I don't want Luna to live in that stupid park anymore. I write a text back to my dad.

Is everything alright? We don't need to worry or anything right.

I stare at my phone waiting for a responds. I really hope whatever my dad has to talk about isn't bad. I don't get a responds yet. My dad is probably working.

"Everything okay?" Luna asks after a while.

"Um yeah." I say smiling slightly to hide that something is worrying me. I don't want Luna to worry about it incase my dad is not actually intending to throw Luna out.

"Okay let's go." Luna says grabbing my hand we walk out of the house.

We walk hand in hand to nowhere in particular really in silence. Not an awkward silence. It's a comfortable silence. Suddenly I feel Luna's eyes on me. I look at her and she smiles.

"What?" I ask her.

"Nothing I just I don't know how I ever got so lucky to have met you." Luna says and looks away from me again.

"You're not the only lucky one." I say. She doesn't reply to me after that again. We keep walking until we reach the park where Luna used to live basically. We go sit down on one of the benches.

"A month ago I was still sleeping under that tree." She says nodding with her head to a tree in the park. "But then I met you and you saved me. Everything good that is happening in my life right now, is happening because of you and I can't thank you enough for it." Luna says and lays her head on my shoulder.

"I couldn't have let you live there. You deserve so much more than to live in a park." I say kissing her head.

"It's all thanks to you that I have a roof above my head every night. You know what scares me?" She asks me and I shake my head. "It's losing you. I'm not saying that we will but if we break up I will be under that tree again. Not only have you given me a roof above my head but you've loved me so much. I'm so scared to lose you for so many reasons. I don't ever wanna wake up and not be in your arms anymore."

"Babe, we're not breaking up ever and even if we are, we won't though, I'm not just gonna kick you out. I'll never do that to you. You'll always have a roof above your head, you never have to worry about having to live under that tree anymore." I say squeezing her hand.

"I love you."

———————————
I'm sorry i'm uploading so slowly. I've sort of been on writers block and I'm very busy with studying. Next chapter will be better I promise. Thanks for being patient