Chapter 7

"Good morning sir, what can I get you?" I ask the next customer. It's been very busy today and I'm doing it almost all on my own now, without help from Luna with every customer. Sometimes I do ask Luna something but most of the time I do it just fine without her help. 

The customer tells me what he would like and I get it for him. He pays and then leaves, I go to the next customer, and the next and the next and the next until an hour has passed. 

"You girls may take your break." Joyce tells me and Luna and we nod and go to the back to take a little break. 

"I'm exhausted and we still have 3 hours to go." I say as I sit down and Luna sits down right next to me. 

"Yeah it's very exhausting. I just wanna be in bed and watch a movie like last night." She says and I nod. "Your bed was so soft." She pauses a little realising what she just said. "Omg I'm sorry I must sound like such a freak." 

"No it's okay." I say laughing it off. "But it sounds like you've never slept in a bed." I say a little more serious. 

"Of course I have a bed." She says sounding a little nervous. Does she not have a bed. Yesterday she did look really happy that she was sleeping in a bed. I just thought she was happy to have a friend finally. "You know we should start working again." Luna says getting up. 

"We've only took 3 minutes?" I ask but Luna already left. This is weird. I'll talk to her about it later. 

I get up after Luna and start working as well. When the clock hits 2 pm, Luna rushes out and I run after her. 

"Luna?" I say to make her stop walking away from me but she keeps walking very fast. "Luna please stop and talk to me." I say a little more demanding and she turns around and faces me. "Why are you crying?" I ask Luna getting a little closer to her. She stays quiet. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Do you wanna talk?" I ask her. She shakes her head and looks down and I see a tear rolling down her face. I walk closer to her and wrap my arms around her embracing her in a hug. She wraps her arms around my waist and she starts crying more on my shoulder. I don't say anything to her, I just hold her and comfort her. After about 5 minutes she pulls away from the hug. 

"I'm sorry." She says. 

"What are you sorry for?" I ask her a little concerned. She stays quiet. "Do you wanna come to my house? To calm a little down and I can make you hot chocolate or anything you'd like." I ask her and she just nods. We walk home in silence. Luna looks so broken right now, was it the bed thing I talked about? Is she homeless? Did I cause this pain in her? 

"Just sit on my bed, I'll be right back with hot chocalate." I say. She sits down on my bed and I go down to the kitchen to make her hot chocolate. I have no idea what's going on with Luna but it doesn't look like she's all that great. She needs a friend and I'm gonna be that friend that will help her. 

My phone starts beeping. I look at it and see that it's Alex and I pick up. 

"Hey." I say shortly. 

"Hey, Can I come over?" She asks. 

"Now is maybe not the best time, maybe later." I tell her. I don't really want to tell her what's happening because she doesn't know Luna and if I just say that Luna is here than she'll start teasing me again and all I want to do right now is make sure that Luna is alright. 

"Alright, are you okay?" She asks. 

"Yeah I'm fine, can I just call you a little later?" 

"Um yeah sure." She says and at that moment I hang up the phone. The hot chocolate is ready so I take it and go back upstairs to Luna. 

"Are you feeling a little better?" I ask her as I hand her the mug. 

"Yeah thank you." She says and takes a sip. I sit down next to her on the bed. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She shakes her head. 

"I don't want you to see me any different." Luna says. 

"Hey, you can tell me anything and you'll still be the same Luna to me." I say and she nods.

"Okay um, you know Cat?" She says and looks up at me. I nod my head. "She's not really my sister. She's just a kid I babysit once in a while to get extra money." She says and stays quiet for a moment. "I'm sorry if I'm taking too long but it's very hard for me to talk about." 

"Take your time, I'm not going anywhere." I say and put my arm around her to comfort her. 

"So um I'm homeless. I sleep in the park. My clothes get washed by Joyce, she's very nice she has helped me out a few times. I um don't have any parents anymore. They threw me out a year ago when they found me kissing with a girl, then that girl who was my girlfriend for 5 months didn't want anything to do with me anymore because I didn't have a home. Since then I've been on my own, getting my own money, getting my own food and living outside alone." She explains and by now she's full on sobbing. "Last night when I got to sleep here in your bed I felt happy, I felt safe. For the first time in a long time. When people find out about me being homeless they are disgusted with me and remove me from their life and pretend they never had anything to do with me. With you I really didn't want that to happen because I feel safe when I'm around you." 

"I'm not going anywhere okay? I'll keep you safe and you can stay here as much as you'd like, I'm sure my dad won't mind." I tell her. 

"Thanks Kara." 

"Should I call Joyce and tell her you're not working tomorrow? You can stay here and get some rest, watch a movie or do anything you'd like." I suggest but she shakes her head. 

"No I never miss a day and I need the money." She says and I nod. 

"Alright that's fine." I say. 

"I'm really glad you're my friend Kara." She says and looks at me, I look at her too and smile. 

"I'm glad to be your friend too." I say and she smiles. She hugs me really tight and I hug her back.

"Thanks for eveything you've done for me today. I think this is excatly what I needed, a friend to talk to." 

"You can always talk to me Luna." 

-------
Is anyone even reading this?I like writing this story so much but I feel like no one is reading this :(