Chapter 10

"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow." I quickly say to Peyton and Alex and then rush out of the school building to go home. I haven't seen Ollie after lunch anymore, he's mad at me for being gay which makes no sense. I'm sure it hurts to see your crush be with someone else but did he really think something would happen between us? He's known for years that I'm gay.

I haven't stopped thinking about Luna all day. I told Luna I would pick up something for her to eat on my way home so that's what I'm doing right now. I'm in a pasta place so I pick something up for both of us before we have to go babysitting.

I walk home quickly after that. I enter my house and see no one so I assume Luna is in my room. I go up the stairs to my room. I walk into my room and see Luna sitting on my bed watching something on my laptop.

"Hi." I say and smile. I guess she didn't hear me come in because she was surprised when she heard someone talk.

"You're back." She says happily. She pauses whatever she was watching and puts the laptop away.

"Yeah I'm back." I say and giggle a little. "I brought you food." I say and hand her the cup of pasta I bought for her.

"You didn't have to but thanks I'm starving." She says and grabs it from my hands. I sit down besides her on the bed taking of my backpack and set it on the floor. I open my pasta like she does hers and we start eating.

"This is so good." Luna says after her first bite.

"Right! It's cheap so my dad and I eat it quite often." I tell her.

"This will be good for the nights I spend outside of the house." Luna says.

"What do you mean? You're not leaving, I'm not gonna let you stay the night outside in the cold." I tell her kind of demanding.

"Your dad is not going to let me stay here every single day Kara. Unless I tell him but..." She says but I cute her off.

"I know you don't want to tell him. I understand I just don't like the thought of you in the park by yourself at night. I'm just saying if you're spending a night out of this house then I'm going to." I tell her.

"You're the best girlfriend ever." She says and gives me a quick kiss on my lips. "But I could never ask you to do that."

"You're not asking. I'm insisting." I say and give her a cheeky smile and take a bite of my pasta.

"Don't complain to me later then." Luna says and laughs.

"I won't." I say. "Anywhere with you will be fine."

"We better eat this fast cause we have to go babysitting soon." She says and I nod. We eat the rest of our pasta in silence. I finish first and wait for Luna to finish too.

"Okay I'm done. Thanks again for bringing me food." She says.

"Alright come on we're going." I say. We leave my house and walk hand in hand to Cat's house.

Luna rings the doorbell when we arrive to the house and soon after a lady opens. "Hello Mrs Luthier."

"Hello Luna, good to see you." She says and smiles. She seems nice. "Who's this?" She asks and looks at me.

"This is my girlfriend Kara, I hope you don't mind that I brought her." Luna says.

"Of course not, as long as Cat is safe then it's all fine with me. Nice to meet you Kara." Mrs Luthier says and shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you too Mrs Luthier. And don't worry I'm great with kids." I say. We stop shaking hands.

"Okay well I'm headed out. You know the rules Luna. Have fun." She says and leaves.

"It's a very nice family. Cat's father died in a car accident a few years ago. Cat was only 2 years old. Cat's a little sweetheart, she makes me want to have a kid right now but it's probably way too soon for that." Luna says and laughs.

"Yeah way to soon to be thinking of that." I say and laugh along with Luna. We go up the stairs to what I assume is Cat's room. As soon as Luna enters Cat's room I can hear a little girls voice scream out her name. Cat jumps into Luna's arms and Luna picks her up as Cat's legs wrap around Luna's waist and they hug really tight. That's so cute.

"Cat, this is my girlfriend Kara. You've seen her last week." Luna says putting Cat back down on the floor.

"Yes I did. I remember." Cat says smiling. "Can we watch beauty and the beast now? You promised me Thursday we would." Cat says to Luna.

"Of course we can." Luna says. "Come we're going downstairs to the living room and I'll make popcorn."

"I freaking love beauty and the beast." I say to Luna as we're walking downstairs. Cat's so excited that she ran downstairs ahead of us.

"Oh god you're one of them." Luna says and hits her forehead with the palm of her hand.

"Yes I'm a little kid sometimes. You're stuck with me, there's no backing out now." I say and give her a quick kiss on her cheek.

"Fine I can live with another babysitting job. How much will I get paid to babysit you?" Luna asks jokingly. I slap her arm softly.

Luna is making popcorn as I'm setting up the movie.

"I'm so excited." Cat screams.

"Me too! I love this movie." I exclaim. "You know, Luna likes other kinds of movies so I'm thinking we can annoy her by singing the songs really loud, it'll be funny." I whisper to Cat making a plan.

"What are you two whispering about." Luna says. We both turn our head towards Luna. She came back with a big bowl of popcorn.

"Nothing." I say and smirk at Luna.

"POPCORN." Cat yells. Both Luna and I laugh a little. Luna puts the popcorn on the coffee table. Luna sits down next to me and Luna so she is in the middle.

"Okay lets start." I say. I press play and me and Cat get excited when the intro starts. Luna is already rolling her eyes.

We've been watching the movie for a while and we've been singing the songs very loud and Luna is really annoyed but she's also laughing I guess that's a good sign.

"Are you ready Cat? The Gaston song is coming up." I tell Cat.

"I'm ready." Cat says as she eats a popcorn.

Cat and I start singing in unison with the movie.

No one's slick as Gaston
No one's quick as Gaston
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston
For there's no man in town half as manly
Perfect, a pure paragon
You can ask any Tom, Dick, or Stanley
And they'll tell you who's team they prefer to be on.

By this point Cat and I were just screaming inside Luna's ears. I kind of feel bad for her but it's also like the best thing ever. When the song ends me and Cat laugh a little at Luna.

"When did I sign up to babysit 2 idiots?" Luna complains and rubs her head pretending she has a headache.

"Don't talk about Cat that way." I say.

"Don't talk about your girlfriend that way." Cat says.

"Alright fine. You two have bonded nicely. I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Luna says standing up and walks away. Me and Cat high five and keep watching the movie as we talk through it too.

Luna comes back and sits down next to me since Cat and I are sitting next to each other now.

"Can you not scream in my ears anymore please? I don't wanna me deaf." Luna says.

"Alright we'll stop, we've annoyed you enough." I say. Luna lays her head on my shoulder and I kiss her head.