Chapter 23

"Luna stop it." I say. We're walking home from school and Luna is so happy to be done with school for today that she's jumping and hanging on me.

"I'm happy." Luna says happily.

"I'm happy you're happy but you're annoying me." I say.

"Seems like I'm annoying you a lot lately." Luna says and stops being overexcited.

"I didn't mean it like that babe. I think I just need some alone time. You're always with me. I mean you live in my room and now you go to school with me too. I love you so freaking much but I need to be alone sometimes." I say and stop walking cause she did.

"Oh." She says sadly.

"I'm sorry." I say. I shouldn't have said that. I'm an idiot.

"Um I'm just gonna walk around for a little. You go home." She says and starts walking in a different direction.

"No no wait. I'm sorry I didn't want to hurt you." I say.

"I'm fine you said you wanted alone time." She says and smiles slightly but not a genuine smile.

I've upset her. Great. She walks away before I can say anything else. I walk home. I text Luna a few times to tell her I'm sorry but she doesn't answer me. I can't believe I screwed this up. I don't want her to live on the streets again.

After a few hours of studying and waiting for Luna to come home or at least get a text from her. I'm starting to get really worried.

"Dad!" I yell going downstairs. He should be cooking dinner now.

"Yeah, Kara, I'm in the kitchen." He yells. I go to the kitchen.

"Have you heard anything from Luna? We've sort of had a fight and she didn't come home with me and I have no idea where she is and I'm worried. She isn't answering my texts and she doesn't answer her phone when I call. I don't know what to do dad, I'm scared." I say starting to cry. My dad embraces me in a hug and kisses the top of my head.

"Everything is gonna be okay sweetheart, we're gonna find her." He says calmly. "Do you know where she might be?"

"The park maybe?" I say.

"Okay." My dad says turning off the stove and cleaning up a little. "We'll go there first." We both walk out of the house immediately without bothering to put a jacket on or anything.

"Luna!" I yell at the top of my lungs. She's not here. We've been yelling out her name for 10 minutes in the park and there's no reaction. I get annoyed sometimes cause I need my alone time but I never wanted Luna gone. I miss her even though it's only been a few hours. I really made a big mistake.

I send Luna another text saying that I'm worried about her and I just want to know where she is. I sit down on a bench in the park, my dad sits down next to me.

"I can't believe I messed this up." I say and a tear drops down my cheek. "I never meant for this to happen."

"She'll come back Kara. She loves you. You had a fight but she'll never completely leave you." My dad says and rubs my back.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing. It's Alex. "Hey." I say when I pick up and wipe away my tears.

"Luna is here." She says and I jump up. "She came here a few hours ago and said that you and her had a fight and she was very upset."

"I'll be right there." I say and hang up the phone. I walk fastly to Alex's house.

"Where are we going." My dad asks me as he was walking close behind me.

"Luna is at Alex's house. You can go home, I'm gonna go get her." I say as I keep walking.

"Do you think that's the best idea?" My dad asks me. I stop walking and turn around to look at my dad.

"What do yoy mean?" I ask confused.

"Maybe she went to Alex to rest the situation out. I don't think the best thing to do is drag her out of that house and make her come with you." My dad says putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No I have to apologise." I say and start walking again.

"No Kara, listen to me." He says and I stop walking again but I'm not facing him. "She wants to be alone now. She knows she can come home anytime but you have to give her time and you can talk to her at school tomorrow."

I guess I can wait it out. I just wanna tell her that I'm sorry for what I said. I shouldn't have called her annoying. I was stupid. I guess my dad is right, I can talk to her tomorrow at school.

"Okay I'll talk to her tomorrow." I say and turn back. My dad and I walk back home.

"I'll finish making dinner." My dad says as we get home.

"I'm gonna bail. I'm just gonna go to sleep I think." I say and go upstairs. I hate when I'm having a fight with someone and I was hoping to get ut sorted out before the day was over.

I get into bed, without doing anything else. I'm all alone. I'm so used to Luna wanting me to cuddle her. Now that she's not here, I really miss Luna being annoying for wanting attention.

I take out my phone and send a quick text to Alex.

I'm not coming, take care of my baby girl and pnease tell her that I love her.

I put my phone down and lay down on my side, facing the side where Luna is supposed to sleep. 1 night without her and I miss her like crazy.

I wake up the next day. Luna not besides me. I get out of bed. Get dressed quickly and immediately go to school. She probably won't be there yet but I just need to see her as soon as possible.

When I get to school, I run to my locker where we always meet each other every morning. Like I guessed, she's not here yet. I sit down on the floor and wait for her to come.

After 20 minutes, I hear Alrx and Luna approaching. I look up and see them walking towards me. I stand up quickly and run to Luna and embrace her in a hug.

"I'm so sorry for what I said. That was awful of me to say." I say as I hug her tight.

"I'm staying with Alex for a while." Luna says pushing me away.

"What?" I question looking at her and then at Alex. "No you're living with me." I say sadly and try grabbing her hand but she doesn't let me.

"Kara, you told me I'm annoying you. I love you but maybe it's for the best that we take some time apart cause I don't like being annoying." Luna says.

"So you wanna break up?" I ask getting tears in my eyes.

"No." Luna says immediately. "Maybe just a break?"

"Like Ross and Rachel in Friends?" I say. The school bell rings. It's time for class. "You guys go, I'll catch up." I say to Luna and Alex.

"You go." Alex says to Luna. Luna leaves and Alex stays with me. "Sit down." Alex says to me. I sit down against the wall and she sits down next to me. "She loves you."

"Yeah that's why she just broke up with me." I say starting to cry.

"She's confused. We talked a lot last night. She was hurt that you called her annoying, to her it sounded like you needed alone time and to her it sounded like you wanted to break up." Alex says.

"But I don't." I say.

"I know but she thought that maybe its good to have some time apart." She says.

"You don't realise it but she broke up with me and she's taking you with her. What am I supposed to do when I don't have either of you?" I say crying.

"Kara." Alex says hugging me. "You'll never lose me."

"She lives with you now. I can't come over. You can't come over because she's with you all the time. I'm supposed to be with you all the time after a heartbreak." I say and stand up.

"Kara." She says but I cut her off.

"It's nothing, I gotta go." I say and walk away. Instead of hoing to class I walk towards the football field and I go to sit there on the bleachers.