nine | WITNESSES

"Fuck!"

A LOUD AND PAINED SHOUT could be heard in the G.C.P.D, as Harvey Bullock tried to reassure his partner.

Jim had sweat dripping from his forehead, and his eyes were bloodshot, although he only heard the news of his daughter's disappearance a few minutes before.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" He screamed once more, kicking a chair and knocking it to the floor.

Harvey placed a hand on Jim's shoulder, shaking him gently.

"Hey, come on soldier-boy, we'll find her."

How did they know it was the so-called 'Spirit of the Goat', who took the girl?

He left, probably accidentally, the cloth that he used to make Isabella fall unconscious. Harvey knew that was how he got his victims, by chloroforming them. But one thing he didn't know, was why Isabella, of all people, was targeted.

"Why?" Jim paced, scratching his head. "Me and Barbara are not the richest people in Gotham, not by a long shot."

Barbara was feeling as if she'd doomed her daughter, when she got home to see that she wasn't there. She instantly called Jim, and obviously, he was angry. But, he didn't take it out on her.

"I honestly don't know, pal," Harvey sighed. "Look, Randall Milkie has a ritual. Dress the victims, kill them, do his coin trick. Whole thing took eight hours. If our copy-Goat's doing the same thing-"

"Got it. We have to be quick," Jim cut over him, taking a deep breath.

An hour passed, and they pulled up nothing. Suspects were limited, so Harvey decided that they should visit the building he was in ten years ago, where his old partner lost the usage of his legs.

〰️〰️〰️〰️

The car pulled up outside the abandoned building. Jim and Harvey stepped out the car.

"Déjà voodoo all day long. This is were we got Randall Milkie ten years ago. This is where Dix fell," Harvey explained.

"Bullock," Jim gave Harvey a look, which was filled with worry. "We gotta go in. Isabella could be inside."

Harvey was reluctant, but he then thought of the little girl. He wasn't about to let her get hurt.

"Yeah, yeah."

〰️〰️〰️〰️

"You're not a very nice person," Isabella mumbled, hoping to offend her kidnapper, who only stared at her blankly, behind a mask. She was weak, because the chloroform was still in her system, and she had a quiet voice.

The girl had both of her arms tied in ropes above her head, and she was in a small white dress.

"We're going to put you to sleep for good now," the man stated emotionlessly, opening the bottle of chloroform once again.

"But I'm not tired... Where's my mommy and daddy?" She whispered, yawning lightly to disprove her point.

"You're lucky to be the sacrifice."