fifteen | A DEATH IN THE FAMILY

Hehe. Comic references everywhere.

THIS IS THE END OF SEASON ONE WHOOO. I kinda left out parts where I don't think Isabella shoulda been, like when Fish died, but oh well.

➰➰➰➰

BARBARA FELT A COLD HAND STROKE HER FACE, and she regained her consciousness, and her memories. The man she left with was a murderer.

"Wake up," he said, and she finally opened her eyes.

She was with a murderer. He would kill her, and she would never see her daughter again.

Tears instantly filled her eyes, as she tried to keep in her sobs. She failed, and he frowned.

"Shh, shh. Come here," he brought her into an embrace, that absolutely terrified her. "Don't cry. Shh, shh. Hey... There's no need to cry, okay?"

She remembered the photos he showed her, of all the other women he had murdered - except her.

"You're gonna kill me..."

"Do you want me to?"

"No," she quickly whimpered, more tears cascading down her face.

"Then tell me who to kill."

"...W-What?"

He sighed, "You still don't believe I love you. You think I'm crazy. That's fine. I see the truth. I see your truth. I see that you've spent your whole life trying to kill it, but you can't. It's too strong. You revealed it to me the other night. I wanna set that free. I wanna set you free."

She painfully chuckled, "You think that me making you murder someone will make me like you? That's insane."

"You say that because you don't know what it is to live without fear. But you'll learn..."

He brought a knife up, his jaw clenching threateningly. She let out a breath, her shaking increasing.

"Now tell me who you want me to kill. Or though it breaks my heart, I will take your life right now."

She thought about it for a second, "I can't... I-I can't. I can't!"

He gripped onto her hair tightly, placing the knife against her throat, "Tell me who to kill... I swear, I will slit your pretty little throat, and then find your daughter, Isabella. I know you don't want that."

Barbara wouldn't let this monster touch her daughter, "O-Okay."

When he moved the knife away from her throat, she leaned toward, whispering the names of the first people that came to her mind.

Barbara thought that the man would then leave her daughter alone - but she was wrong.
〰〰〰〰

Isabella was sitting with the babysitter Jim had hired while he searched for Barbara. He hadn't told his daughter that she was missing, but was worried that one day he would have to inform her that she was dead. The girl believed that her mother was visiting her parents. In a way, it was the truth.