thirty six | QUESTION MARKS

A/N: Sorry guys, haven't gotten a chapter out in a while. Ya boi's gotten a boyfriend for the first time in a while. enjoy :)

➰➰➰➰

ISABELLA SAT ON HARVEY'S LAP, a giggle escaping her lips as he tickled her relentlessly.

"S-Stop it, stop, Uncle Harvey!" She wheezed, emitting a hearty laugh from him.

"Sorry, sorry, gingernut, but I'm not Uncle Harv... I'm the tickle monster!" He exclaimed, tickling her sides even more, with her laughing louder.

He stopped when he glanced up, to see Jim sigh as he made his way out of the Captain's office.

"What was that all about?" Harvey asked, allowing Isabella to hop off of his lap and hug Jim.

"Later," he mouthed back, as Ed Nygma walked up the stairs behind him.

"Detective Gordon," he said rather quickly, standing beside him, and sending a quick smile to Bella.

"Hey, Ed."

"I'm ready for our sit-down."

"Our what?"

"You wanted to interview me about Miss Kringle leaving town with Officer Dougherty?" Ed told him, keeping his words light, so that Isabella wouldn't get upset at the idea of her being missing. In reality, Miss Kringle was long gone, but did Bella need to know that? Not at all.

"Oh, right. Yeah, sorry, rain check. We gotta get to Gotham Museum."

"Oh, the art heist," Ed assumed, because he was the one who stole the painting, and let that large green question mark. "Yes, I heard about that. Very bold."

"Can you look after Isabella for me while we're gone? If you're not working on anything at the moment that involves... bodies," Jim asked, mouthing the last bit.

"Of course, I only have paperwork for today. Tally-ho, chaps. Go get that bad guy."

"We'll talk later this afternoon... And Ed? Don't worry. I'll find out what happened to Miss Kringle."

"I have the utmost faith in your abilities, Detective Gordon."

Jim kneeled dowm to hug Isabella, kissing her gently on the forehead, and whispering, "Be good. We'll be back before you know it."

And then, the two detectives left, leaving Isabella with a murderer.

〰️〰️〰️〰️

"Your little private, inside voice is screaming," Harvey muttered to Jim, as they inspected around the Museum. "Want to tell me what that pow-wow with Barnes was all about?"

Jim paused for a second, glancing over his shoulder, before replying to Harvey with a hushed whisper: "IA is re-opening the investigation into the murder of Theo Galavan. Anonymous person called in, saying they shall me kill him."

Harvey shook his head lightly, a slight sigh leaving him, "That old chestnut, huh? Is there something I can do?"

"You still friendly with your gal back over in IA?"