forty | GOODBYE, OLD FRIEND

hmmm another upload? It can't be!

Author has used upload, it was very effective.

I actually don't play Pokémon lmao I only know the memes.

Remember when I asked you whether Isabella should stay with Lee or Jim? Well the replies were pretty split, so I kinda just went with what I wanted to. Kinda an alternative, I guess.

Sorry not sorry ahah.

➰➰➰➰

ISABELLA TREMBLED, her eyes wide and fresh with tears at the sight of her first friend pointing a gun at her father. She loved both of them, so seeing them fight wasn't something her little head could get around.

Ed was the only friend of hers that hadn't left her. Oswald? She hadn't seen him in months. Victor and Tabby? The same story... Jerome? ... He was never coming back, as much as she wished it every time she saw a shooting star, she knew it was impossible... or, unlikely.

She was too young to see death, but it felt like she had seen it much more than the majority of people in Gotham. She didn't want to see it again.

Her question was left unanswered for a few seconds, and she almost sobbed at the sight of Ed's watering eyes.

"He's pointing it at me because I found out that he killed Kristen Kringle, and he doesn't want me to-"

"That's a lie!" Ed practically screamed, his hand tightening around the gun. "That's a filthy lie, Isabella, don't believe him."

"Then why are yo-you doing this?" The girl cried, further snapping his heart in half.

"Isabella, I'll explain to you after-"

"After you kill me?" Jim finished off, causing Ed's anger to peak.

"Stop! Stop putting lies in her he-"

"My daddy isn't a liar!" Ed flinched as he heard Isabella snap at him. "He wouldn't lie to me... And so that makes you a liar!"

"Isabella," Ed practically growled, "get behind me right now."

"No, you're being mean!"

Ed cackled madly, "Mean? I'll show you mean if you don't come here."

"Isabella, don't go near him," Jim warned, and she started to back away from Ed, moving closer towards her father in the process.

"Fine!" Ed roared. "I'll admit it! I did murder Kristen, and Pinkney, and if you don't come here I'll murder your daddy too! Can't you see?! I'm trying to protect you! Better than he ever could!"

"How did you become this?" Jim pressed, drawing Ed's attention away from a sobbing Isabella.

"You dummy, this is who I am. It was just finally admitting the truth to myself. Well, that and murdering some people."

"I don't believe that."

"You don't believe it. Why, Jim? 'Cause it would make you incompetent? To know that I was right under your nose the whole time? Or you don't wanna admit that there's a monster in all of us, because you of all people, should know that! That's what made it so easy to frame you!"