twenty six | PARENTAGE

on the tenth day of Christmas my author gave to me...
another chapter for thee

➰➰➰➰

JIM STEPPED INTO THE NEW COMMISIONER'S OFFICE with a look of shock on his face, due to what he had just witnessed. The large, beefy man had just fired a lot of dirty cops right off the spot. He was already warming straight up to Jim with that one action. Anyone that was willing enough to help the people of Gotham like him, would be the first step to getting Isabella back.

"Well?" Barnes said, his hands on the desk in front of him. "What do you think about what I said out there?"

"I agree with every word, sir."

"Every word, huh? You a sycophant, Gordon?"

"No, sir."

"No, sir... I've read all you're files. Army, Academy, G.C.P.D... You adopted that girl involved in all of this. I'm sorry to hear that," Barnes sighed, rubbing his head. "Nonetheless, I can see that you're a troublemaker. A fighter. Is that an accurate assessment?"

Barnes walked around, standing tall in front of Jim.

"Yes, sir."

The commissioner smirked, "Good. You're my second-in-command. Starting now Jim, we're gonna fix this department and bring respect for law and order back to this city. And I promise, I will do everything in my power to try and get that girl of yours back here."

Jim nodded, believing the man. He would see his daughter again.

〰〰〰〰

Isabella quietly sobbed in Tabitha's arms, her ginger hair being stroked by the dangerous, but somewhat loving woman. The Galavan had never felt the love and support of her brother while growing up, so deemed herself to make Isabella feel as happy as she could be, with a sisterly figure in her life.

"W-Why did T-Theo do tha-at to Jerome?" She sniffed, asking the same question she had repeated over and over.

"... Jerome was getting dangerous. Could you not see it? Theo just... wanted to make sure you weren't hurt," Tabitha lied, holding the girl closer to her body, enjoying the warmth she provided. Tabitha had never wanted kids, but Isabella was definitely changing her mind.

Isabella gasped, "S-So it's my fault t-that J-Jerome is dead?"

Tabitha's eyes widened when she realised what she said.

"Oh no, I'm so so sorry Jerome..." Bella cried, her tears wetting the black shirt Tabitha was wearing.

The young woman gently soothed the girl, cooing at her and shushing her crying. She didn't want her brother to change his mind about the girl. At first, he decided to keep her for the publicity and to keep Barbara happy. But, she knew that if Barbara had a spill then the girl would no longer be welcomed. She didn't want that.

"Do you want me to make you some pancakes?"

Bella looked up at her with tears down her face, slowly nodding. After what had happened, she didn't eat for a bit, not being able to digest what had happened quite properly just yet, much less her food.

Tabitha forced a smile, and stood up to leave the girl sitting on the warm bed.

"Stay here, because I don't want you getting hurt. You might fall and scrape your knee," she informed, turning towards the door and opening it.

"Tabby," Isabella called, causing the woman to turn back and look look her. "If yo-you or Mommy become dangerous, will Theo do t-that to you?"

Tabitha forced a smile, shaking her head. Her brother wouldn't get rid of them if they were getting dangerous - but if they were of no use to him anymore.

Tabitha shut the door behind her, locking it, and then walked towards the kitchen and growled at the sight in front of her.

She snatched the whip out of Barbara's hands, and glared at the sight of Mayor James on the floor, who was shaking and withering.

Barbara narrowed her eyes at her, trying to grab the whip back.

"Are you shitting me, Barb?" Tabitha gritted out, holding the torture piece behind her back.

"What?" Barbara spat in anger, although it wasn't meant to be directed at her.

"Your daughter is crying over the loss of her best friend, and your out here, doing this?!"

Barbara chuckled, "I was just giving him what he deserves. Now, give that back."

"What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? This man," she kicked him in the back, "attempted to murder a child. My child."

Tabitha shook her head, not understanding, and Barbara took a deep breath in.

"Theo just kindly told me, that James here had a whore of his own. Francine Jones. Now, Francine ended up pregnant at the age of twenty, five years ago. James decided it would be best to cut ties with the drug abuser, and left her on the streets with her kid. And last year, Jim found that kid on the side of a alley, in a cardboard box. Her name was Isabella."

Tabitha gaped at the mayor, "So he's-?"

"Her father... Ain't that right, you son of a bitch?"

Mayor James whimpered as he was kicked, the box over his head smashing against his nose. This time, though, it was Tabitha who had swung her foot.

➰➰➰➰

ahah bitch so the Mayor is Isabella's daddio. did you see that shit coming? heh. Anyway, if it turns out that he has other kids, I'm just gonna say that they're his nieces or nephews or some shit.

enjoyeth. Sorry this chapter is kinda short, I'm running out of ideas. Jk jk I got plans.