•Prolouge•

Forgiveness

Forgiveness.

It's not something that comes easy.

Especially for me.

I've been raised this way. I'm used to the horrifying scars I see every time I peer in the mirror. The twisting, winding marks that mar my body. Ridges and indentations of little white lines where my life could have been drained from me. I'm used to the sideways glances people give when I walk down the street.

I wonder if that's something trained assassins get often, the looks and the glares?

Hm.

I sat in my cell of a room, bouncing the small yellow ball against the wall again and again. A simple rhythm it thrummed against the wall and then the floor and again.

Buh-thump.

Buh-thump.

Buh-thump.

Usual. Simple. Repetitive.

Like me.

The sound, predictive and reliant, drowned out the voices screaming at the back of my head for blood to be spilt and flesh to be torn.
The door squealed open as if it was protesting and I stood as usual.

Habit.

The masked man stood before me. He growled and curse often.

This was Master Four out of the total of Six. Four was the most often seen around here, but he was the worst with words and chose to speak with his fists.

Most of my scars came from him.

I clenched the ball behind my back in anger, but met his eyes, chin high.

He slapped me, and the sound echoed through the silent room.

A growl from me, and he threw a file at me which I barely managed to catch.

Two appeared behind him. I caught my breath and bit my lip. Her bright white hair was held up by a simple elastic but she held the most power other than One.

No one had ever seen One. No one spoke of One, but he was above it all meddling with my assignments. He was the one who issued the beatings and abuse and visits.

I hated One.

I hated all of the Six.

Two held her composure and brushed off her perfect white suit.

"This time, you kill the ninja. If you fail, you will be the one who lies dead in her own pool of blood."

The door slammed shut, and my fate had been sealed.