Eight.

I couldn't hide.

And I was horrified.

The next few days were spent in a haze. I don't remember what happened, just constant people cooing over me and watching guard. I was able to walk again a few hours after I woke, but I was told to rest because I would need it.

I woke one morning to Jay prodding my shoulder with a finger. He smiled at me, dimples forming on his cheeks before he took a sharp breath in. "We've gotta move today." I just simply nodded, what else could I do?

I got up with Jays unnecessary help. We weaved through halls and came out a back door to an alley. He threw a sweatshirt of his over me and pulled the hood over my hair. He said it would keep me safer.

Though I had assumed it was morning, it was actually pitch black out. The darkness covered us and allowed us to move in secret. We hopped onto a motorcycle, Jay in the front. I wrapped my arms around his torso, pressing my face into his back.

To be honest, I was tired.
Tired of running. Tired of hurting. Tired of being afraid.

It had become so normal to be tired and yet I was so tired of it.

I didn't move as Jay reved up the vehicle and drove us away. I didn't know where we were going.

We came to a halt a while later, though I'm unsure if I fell asleep or not. I lifted my head to see a cave, dark and dingy. I kept close to Jay, practically now his shadow. We walked through several different rooms, each stranger than the last. We ended up in an icy maze, which he seemed to know his way around in.

After we turned a corner, I was met with the rest of the ninja. With relieved sighs and gentle hugs, they all welcomed me.

"Where are we?" I questioned once we had all settled down in a small cave off to the side of the maze.

"This is the tomb of the first spinjitzu Master. To get in, one must have the clues and know each of the answers to the clues. We should be safe here." Zane replied, his voice chipper.

"Safe until what?"

Everyone turned to look at each other and specifically not at me. Lloyd spoke up. "We don't know. We're thinking we keep Jay and Cole here with you while the rest of the team tries to take care of the problem." He stepped around the last word as if it could hurt him.

"It is really safe?" I asked, glancing around the cold cave.

"Don't worry, we'll keep you safe." Cole elbowed Jay and the both have happy smiles to me.

"Okay. Be safe, please." The others nodded at my request as they stood to go.

Jay walked me around the cave, Cole trailing behind. He was telling me all about this mission with some evil ghost named Morro ? who wanted a crystal ? from here. His mouth was going a million miles an hour and I could barely keep up.

I glanced around as I tried to listen to his blabbering mouth. The ceilings were high, and made of a deep black rock. It almost looked like the starry night sky if you stared long enough. Jay's voice bounced off the rocks and came back to my ears with every word he said.

"Ooo! We could show her the mirror ice!" Jay suddenly exclaimed, turning to Cole.

The black ninja tilted his head off to one side, thinking. "Are you sure that's a good idea? What if it shows something bad?"

"Don't be so down in the dumps Mr.Grumpy pants!" He took my hand after he stuck his tongue out at Cole. I was pulled along and into the maze before we stopped before a giant sheet of shiny ice.

I could see my reflection in it, and it smiled back at me. "It shows you what your future is like."

I felt Cole come up behind me, resting a hand on my shoulder. "Last time I was down here the thing was broken and wouldn't show me my reflection." He shrugged it off.

I turned back to my reflection only to see her shed a tear. She still smiled despite it, and I watched as my scars faded on my futures reflection. A few seconds ticked by before Jay's reflection appeared beside mine.

In the ice, I saw his hand take mine.

A few seconds later, I felt it.