Nine.

We lazed around. Two days (I think) swept us by, just sleeping around and exploring the maze.

I sat atop on of the walls of ice, looking at the ice spikes hanging from the ceiling. A frown crossed my face as one dripped a droplet of water onto my nose. I stood, and tilted my head to the side, listening.

A soft rumble sounded and I looked around, confused. A sharp turn to the right, and I saw Jay and Cole play fighting each other. Smiles were sprawled on their faces and I smile before the room started shaking around me.

"Jay?" I yelled above the roar, before I was thrown to the floor. The ice above me was falling, and I covered my head with an arm. I yelped as a sheet of glassy ice fell behind me, nearly landing on Jay. I heard him grumble under his breath, before I heard him yell to me, "Stay where you are!" He spun and ran off.

I turned to the entrance of the cave, ice rumbling under my feet. I was my own. Jay and Cole had run off, trying to find a way around the ice. I set my jaw and kicked a spike of ice, which broke it. I held the spike in my hand, my knuckles white ready for whatever was coming.

The entrance flew open, throwing ice every where. I shook my head free from the shards.

Where the hole of an entrance once was lay the Masters. I stumbled backwards, but held the shard tight. Four, with his hard hands, found me in an instant and growled between his teeth. I took a shaky breath in before I scanned the row of masters.

I knew all of the faces, except for one. A broad shouldered man with short blond hair scowled at me. He was battered and had tattoos scribbled up and down his arms. I watched as he slid down the pile of broken ice and down to the floor of the maze. His eyes met mine, and I narrowed mine.

One.

He seemed to be just a few years older than me. His eyes resembled mine in a sense that I didn't understand. 

I took a few steps back, with a quick glance around for my protectors. They were no where to be seen.

"Lovely to see you again." He chirped, his voice soft.

"I don't know you." I growled, holding the sharp end of the ice spike to face him. The other Masters did not follow, instead they sat to watch.

It was now that I notice that the rest of the ninja team was tied up behind them.

I lunged forward with a yell, to which he just stepped aside and a fist met my side.

I pulled away, holding the same defensive position again. "Ah ah. Be nice, now."

"HEY! Hands off!!" I heard a yell as my eyes registered Jay hopping down from the wall of ice just beside me. I breathed a sigh of relief as he came to stand beside me.

"Oh hello, Jay." One greeted with an ominously cheery smile that sent chills down my spine.

Jay froze, holding his breath in his chest. "Adrian?" His voice was shaky as he ran a hand through his red curls.

One tilted his head off to one side as if considering the word. "Not anymore. I'm surprised to see you here."

Jay was beyond shocked, from what I could see. I glanced between the two of them, confused.

"You're surprised to see me? You're an assassin! You murdered! And and-" The blue ninja stumbled over his words.

"Yes yes. Of course I'm not the playground mate you used to know." One-Adrian- whoever- hissed.

I turned to Jay, eye brows knit together. "Explain. Right now." My voice was low and even. Threatening.

"We used to be best friends. When we were little..." Jay spoke up, seeming just as lost as I was.

"Of course, i didn't expect to see you here, old pal. But..." Adrian shrugged. "This day has been a wild ride. Now I get to kill you AND my sister!"

I froze. What?

Jays eyes turned to me, wide and lost. A maddened shake of my head and I charged. One swooped to the side, expecting this. I grabbed his arm in a flash and twisted it behind his back. Without a word or utter, he turned on me, flipping me over his back. I landed on the ice with a thud. The sound echoed off the ice walls.

"You don't remember me, little sis?" One questioned as burning hot tears escaped my eyes. Jay stood to the side, frozen.

My chest heaved with the effort of catching my breath after having it knocked out of me. "Shut up." I hissed and pushed myself up to throw a punch at One's smug face.

"I don't understand! What is happening?"

One stumbled back over to Jay, a hand on his jaw. "Our mother had her." He spat the word. "We were taken by the Masters. We train as assassins. Get enough kills, watch enough blood drain from your victims, and you get to lead them all."

I rolled over onto my stomach, watching as One slithered closer to Jay.

"I killed the most." One step.
"I'll kill her first." Another.
"You next." He grabbed Jay's gi.

"And there will be no more of you stupid colored ninja to stop me from taking this city apart and watching it bleed."