Ten.

"I think you talk too much."

Cole, the massive brawny and wonderfully amazing Cole, stood behind my so called brother and pulled him off Jay. I immediately ran to the ginger and pulled him away from One. He slid close to my side as Adrian went limp in Cole's grasp.

I frowned, waiting for him to fight back. I heard yelling from the entrance as the rest of team broke free with a yell and charged the remaining masters. My head was snapped back at the sound of a gun shot and a yell. Cole was now sprawled on the floor, his calf bleeding immensely. Jay cursed and ran at One again, throwing precise punches yet each time missing. He did manage to swat the gun from his hands and it skidded to a stop at my feet. Hesitantly, I picked it up, cradling the heavy metal weapon in my palm.

I watched, helplessly as my friend and the boy I maybe liked ?- come sliding back on the ice floor to me, in the same manor the gun did.

I felt rage boil up within me. It seeped out of my heart and into my hands. White knuckled, I clenched the gun in my hand. I stepped over Jay, him groaning and hot tears spilling out of his eyes. He held his side, and spat on the ice. From a clean blue to a sharp red, the ice held the blood he just spat out. I gently pushed his shoulder back to the ground, with a gentle smile. "It's okay. You can rest." I whispered and aimed the gun at One.

He slowly got up from his kneeling place on the ice to smile a sticky sweet smile at me. "I always knew you could do it."

I scowled, taking a step closer to him.

The rest of the Masters were now subdued by the rest of the ninja, who came to watch what was happening from the sidelines.

"I always knew you'd be the one to kill me. You can kill all of our members all you want, but we will always come back. And they'll all look to you lead them, because you killed me."

I wavered. My hand began to pulled down, trailing now his legs rather than him. "I'm not that anymore. I'm not what you made me." A growl and I shook my head.

"I'm better. I'm better than what you made them make me do and who you made me become." A gulp, and I closed me eyes right for a second before opening the again to glare at One. "I'm different. Because he taught me what it means to be normal." I pointed to Jay behind me. One fell silent as I shot words at him.

"He told me that I'm not bad because of what I've done. He said that it's gonna be okay." I took a shuddering breath and looked back at Jay. His eyes were shining wet with tears and his face had the harsh beginnings of a bruise, but his mouth held a smile.

I nodded. "So it's gonna be okay. And I'm gonna be okay. And I love him for teaching me that." A sharp twist of my head and I sent one final glare to my brother. "But you won't ever get to determine my worth ever again."

And I shot him.

I sat beside Jay's hospital bed, flipping through the pages of a magazine that one of the nurses had handed me. For practice, I was trying to read the words that were scattered on the pages, but I wasn't doing too well.

Jay lay in his bed, asleep. He had been knocked out since we picked him and Cole up after it was all over. Cole was doing well and had just gotten out of surgery for the bullet in his leg. Jay had multiple broken ribs and had lost a back tooth. His arm was shattered from our foe stepping on it at one point. It was wrapped in a blue cast, his favorite color, and everyone had come in earlier to sign it. I signed it too, which helped me practice my writing.

"Any good advice from that lovely magazine?"

I whipped my head around to see Jay, wide awake and smiling a toothy grin at me. "Are you feeling better?" I questioned, setting aside my reading material.

He nodded but winced when he tried to push himself up further. I stood to help him and he flashed a grateful smile to me.

"Did you really mean what you said? When you were talking to....?" Jay piped up, looking up at me with begging eyes.

A sigh, and I sat on the edge of his bed with a nod. "I did. I'm so glad that you didn't give up on me."

He nodded, staring off to the left when I continued. "I did mean it. When I said I love you." I stammered out, looking down at my scarred hands.

"I love you too." He muttered and sat up, leaning closer to me. I smiled, looking at his busted up face. He still looked the same, happy Jay. His joy still shone through his bruises.

Suddenly, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. It took me off guard, and I pulled back, not wanting to hurt his bruised face. "You can't do that! It'll hurt you."

Jay let out a loud happy laugh and pulled me close to him. He wrapped his arms around me as I leaned back into his frame. "I'd die a thousand times over for you."

"I love you, Jay."

"I love you, too, Y/n. More than anything."