Two.

My room was dark and cold and I didn't like it. It reminded me too much of the room the Masters gave me.

The ninja were very reluctant to forgive me, not that I didn't understand. I don't think I would forgive me either if I tried to kill me.

The best thing they had done for me was given me a bed. For my whole life, I had slept on the floor, or on a blanket covered in worms and holes and dirt. This bed was soft and had a mattress that was warm at night and the fluffiest blankets to hold me when I slept. When they had brought it into my room, I had cried which made them so uncomfortable, but Jay just smiled at me and said he was working on fixing me.

I sat on my fresh new bed, the blankets pulled over my legs. I hadn't been allowed out yet, but I imagined they were too horrified by my looks to want to.

The lock clicked, and the door creaked open, and I stood. In pranced Wu, Lloyd, and Jay, who smiled at me, his smile crooked.

"Why must you stand? There is no need." Wu told before I sat back down onto the bed, not protesting. The old man sat beside me, while the two ninja stood off to the side.

I sat in respectful silence, not uttering anything.

Jay crept closer before sitting on the floor in front of me. I met the gingers eyes and a smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

A glance was shared between Wu and Lloyd.

"I want to show you the world. But it might be too much. Do you know what movies are?"

My eyes narrowed and I shook my head. "That's okay. I'll show you my favorites! Maybe Starwars... or Marvel!" His eyes lit up which brought a smile to my face and I nodded.

"Sensei and I were talking," He cast a glance to Wu, who smiled at me, "and we were thinking that you deserved a proper room."

"With windows?" I piped up, wanting a window more than anything else. In the facility, we had only one window which showed the streets beside the building. It was barely an inch deep and four wide, just barely anything to look out off. It was my favorite thing, to see people walking back and forth outside.

Wu nodded and met my gaze, his filled with kindness. "Of course. We will get you a large window, with a view and a bed. Would you like it to be a certain color?"

Jay sat up straighter at this idea, eyes gleaming. "Cole and I can paint it for you!"

I smiled at the idea, thinking about what I should choose. "Can it be blue green? Like a teal?" I asked politely, trying to be respectful, but chin high.

Lloyd nodded behind Jay, running with the idea. "Maybe after a while, Jay could order you some new clothes too."

I looked down at the poor excuse of clothing that lay covering my skin. He was right, a change would be nice.

A nod, and they seemed happy. Lloyd and Wu stood to leave, but Jay rushes before them out. Moments later he returned, holding a grey rectangle. He took his place on the corner of my bed, and pulled the box open so that one piece sat upright and the other in his lap. His fingers tapped on the piece that was in his lap which made happy little clicks.

I sat firm, confused. He slid closer and turned the thing closer to me, now projecting moving pictures as if we were watching people living their lives.

I looked to Jay, blinking with confusion. "It's a movie" he clarified, as if that helped.

A shrug, and I fell into a comfortable position beside him, watching as the people moved on the box he brought to my room.

I pulled the blankets further over my shoulders and slunk into my bed.