Three.

-before reading-
Hm. Just trust me on this one and listen to some Bastille. Sets the mood. Power, Snakes, Four Walls, Blame, you choose.

My nails dug into the palm of my hand, drawing blood to the surface of my skin. My muscles tightened as my teeth ground together, hissing with protest.

In the corner, water dropped at a constant pattern, fueling more of my anger.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

The door squealed open and footsteps echoed through out the room. I couldn't see through the red anger clouding my eyes, but the peppy voice of Jay could be heard.

Drip.

I heard what he said, but I didn't hear it. I didn't comprehend the words he said.

"They're going to kill you for this."

Drip.

Drip.

Silence stretched throughout my cage, and I smiled beneath my mask of rage. I stood, and the walls took a step in, tightening around him like a snake to swallow its prey.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

You could hear as he swallowed, fearful of what I had become.

As he should be.

Drip.

"And if they won't..." my voice trailed off, syrupy and sweet, if not innocent.

I walked closer to him, running a scarred hand along his freckled jaw, him flinching under my soft touch, "I will."

Drip.

Drip.

A smile spread across my cracked lips, and he stepped back, stumbling over his feet.

"Y-Y/N?" He croaked, and I skunk closer.

Drip.

"You think I want THIS?!" I yelled, throwing my hand back to show him my room. "I lived for years under their thumb, each bearing me and cursing me, and six times, six times, they almost killed me!"

Jay backed away at my yelling, wincing at each word.

"Am I supposed to be grateful? For this?! You freed me!" I spun a circle, arms spread wide, a laugh escaping my lips. "Wow, what a change. From cage to cage." I hissed, voice practically dripping venom. His eyes darted about my face, fear and terror laced in his electric blue eyes.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

"What am I to you?" I whispered, teeth bared. "A science experiment? A circus act? What fun to see a mad girl with scars dance about wanting out!"

I kicked his knees, forcing him down, where I found myself so many times at the Masters mercy.

"You should be begging for forgiveness." I hissed and my knee met his face.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.
Drip.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

•••

"I know I know I know..." I laughed and giggled at the thought of something so silly.

Escape? Yes please!

"It's not the right way to go..."

I scratched at the wall, my nails leaving white trenches in the wall where the black paint chipped.

P

"But I pray for the ground to swallow me whole..."

Hehe.

They thought they could cage me? How silly! Silly silly ninja. Silly boys. They never understand.

O

They haven't seen anything yet.

It really is silly, isn't it?

Take your best shot, silly little ninja because you could never hurt me.

W

I frowned as my nail broke, falling onto the floor. My finger stung as I brought it closer to my face. Blood seeped from where my nail used to cover the soft pink flesh.

I shrugged.

E

Just another casualty of war. All war results in death.

War is silly too, isn't it? I laughed at the thought of people sending out people to die because of a squabble.

Such a silly concept over a silly argument.

R

I smiled, toothy and wide, so proud of myself. Such a pretty word, it dances across your tongue and leaps from your lips.

POWER

   P  O W   E      R

And to think, I let you hold it over me. So silly of me.

I giggled and I stood to take care of the bed next.

Silly silly little ninja to think you could cage me.