Six.

Jay held my hand as he gently pulled me off his dragon and into the streets of the city. My super short hair ruffled in the breeze, it now a new color. Kai had chosen a soft chocolate brown with little highlights in it. It was shaved at the sides and floofed up at the top. Jay said he really liked it.

He led me to a little building tucked in between two towering ones on each side. I tugged in the scarf around my neck and frowned. I didn't understand where we were going but I trusted Jay. With a glance around nervously, just to check, the red head sighed and pulled me to his side. "It's okay. I got you. I'm here. Nothing will go wrong." He gave me a sweet toothy smile which I tried to copy but I don't think it looked good.

Just before Jay took me out, Nya made sure I looked "pretty and hot". The scarf I was wearing was hot, but I'm not sure why I would want that. She gave me a bunch of clothes she, Lloyd and Kai had picked out. I had gray pants with a olive green shirt on, and a black zip up sweatshirt I stole from Jay.

After Kai had done my hair yesterday, Cole and Nya voted that I should get my ears pierced. I objected, but they said I had to to fit in. Cole did them, and it hurt. I may or may not have slapped him accidentally. He frowned but gave me a big hug afterward with a sweet apology. We dressed them up with big fancy hoops.

The door jingled as Jay opened it, and I was greeted with the soft bustle of chattering conversation. The warmth carried into the air which pushed away the cold air of the outside winter.

I followed Jay closely to the counter to where people stood behind in aprons and hats. "What are we doing?" I asked, whispering in his ear.

He turned to me and snickered. "We're getting coffee!"

"Coffee?"

He sighed and turned to look at the boards hung above the workers heads. "Um, it's a warm drink. It's really tasty."

I kept close to Jay, my shoulder tucked right beside his. Of course, he was taller than I was. My eyes glanced about as Jay talked to the people behind the counter. I scooted closer to him, scared that they would find me. "Jay..."

He pulled me off to the side, allowing me to be tucked into the corner and him between me and the others around us. "It's okay." His freckles face pulled into a reassuring smile and I nodded. A tight squeeze of my hand reminded me to breathe, and I let out the breath I had been holding in.

He was handed two white cups with lids on them and he handed one to me. A soft warning of the temperature and I frowned.

"It's hot? I don't feel it." I tilted my head to the side, and his eyes brows rose.

"What do you mean? I'm surprised it's not burning your hands." Jay replied, puzzled. He pulled the drink away from me and looked at my hands. They were red, but I didn't feel anything.

"Oh. Maybe because they burnt my hands a lot when I was little." I shrugged and pawed at the drink in his hands.

Jay looked taken aback, but handed me the drink. "That's so sad... you can't feel anything?"

With the shake of my head, I grabbed his empty hand and pulled him out of the crowded shop. "I can't feel your hand right now, for example."

His cheeks flushed a pink and he rubbed the back of his head, fluffing up his curls. With an awkward nod, he pulled me off again, my arm tucked in the crook of his.

"So this is Ninjago City, it's really big. There are lots of people..." he started telling me things about the city and I nodded, listening. I smiled to myself, looking at how happy he was telling me all of this. I sipped at the hot drink, which warmed my insides and Jay yammered on.

We ended up sitting on a bridge over a little stream, our feet dangling above the water. Our shoulders brushed and our cups were discarded off to the side.

"You are fun to be with, Jay."

He turned pink again and I smiled. "Why do you do that?"

"Uh, do what?" He asked, stammering over his confused words.

"Turn pink?"

"Oh." He fell silent, his eyes trailing down at the water beneath us. "Um... because."

"Because why?"

"Shoot, Y/n. I like you okay! Ugh I said it!" He hid his face in his hands and I tilted my head to the side.

"Oh. Why is that a big deal?"

"Well, like like you."

"Like love?"

"Maybe."