𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

I Sat on the bench of the park watching as the multiple families bonded and played, enjoying their Saturday

I wish I experienced that, a childhood. From day one my parents molded me into their golden boy.

Nothing Lower than an A, Advanced classes, internships, Student body president, Play on the sports teams, Etcetera etcetera.

As I kid I often fantasized about moments where I could play with toys, play with With Friends—make...friends.

The only reason I even met pharaoh was because our moms were best friends. My parents confined me from any social or love life, yet when I fell for the one friend I was allowed to have they ran him away....

I shook my head and directed my gaze from the park to my lap.

My Attention was caught by a frail feminine voice grabbing my attention,

"Uh Excuse me." I heard

I looked up to see a beautiful Asian girl, who looked about my age.

"This May seem really forward, but in my friend over there," she pointed to another beautiful Dark skinned woman who motioned two thumbs up

"This May seem really forward, but in my friend over there," she pointed to another beautiful Dark skinned woman who motioned two thumbs up. "Told me I should come talk to you, She kinda caught me staring." She laughed.

I chuckled and shook my head, "Thank you for thinking I'm attractive enough to be hit on but I'm uh, gay." I said awkwardly.

She looked completely taken back, "I'm sorry, you don't look-uh never mind." She stood up.

I instantly felt bad and stood up behind her, "I'm sorry, you and your friend are beautiful, if I was straight I'd definitely date you." I smiled, I honestly probably made the conversation even more awkward.

She gave me an awkward smile,
Both of our attention was caught when her friend walked up.

"So how'd it go!" She asked her friend with a thick African accent, surprising me.

"He's uh, he's gay Apunda." She whispered though I could still hear her. They were literally having this conversation right in front of me.

(Ah-Pune-Dah)

(Ah-Pune-Dah)

Her friend wore the same surprised expression she wore a moment ago, seriously was it that hard to believe?

"Damn, The cute ones always are." She shook her head. "Well you look like your alone so why don't you join us, if you don't mind of course."

"Oh um, sure why not, is that okay?" I looked at Alyssa.

"Ok it's no problem, we can find out if you have a straight twin brother." She joked.

"Sorry to let you down but that's a negative." I chuckled as we began to walk.

"Damn." They both said at the same time.

We all laughed and continued on our way,

"There a cafe around the corner, we could stop there if you guys want." Alyssa asked causing me and Apunda to nod.

The rest of the walk I basically got to know then, I learned they met in college and had been close ever since, Apunda moved to America when she was twelve. Alyssa was biracial, white dad, asian mom.

They seemed to be extremely friendly people, I learned that Apunda was the much more outspoken of the two. She was really smart as well, she majored in Computer science which was a difficult course for even me.

Once we got to the cafe and got seated we continued to get to know each other, "well since you know basically everything about us, your turn." Apunda asked, words dripping in her accent.

"Well, I'm Filipino, I'm a therapist slash Psych Doctor. I was able to get my doctorate degree early, which was easy at all by the way. But yea, That's about it." I shrugged

"Damn Boy, You smart." Apunda said as Alyssa nodded her head in agreement.

"What about family?" Alyssa asked causing me to tense.

"Uh My um- parents and I don't have the best relationship." I said lowly.

"Oh I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that."

"No it's fine, you didn't know.." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"I don't mean to cut our orientation short y'all, but ah fine ass man just walked in."  Apunda said while looking behind me towards the door.

I turned around and my mouth drop in surprise when I saw who it was

"Pharaoh.." I sighed

"You know him," Alyssa asked in disbelief.

"Know him?" I chuckled, "Yea you could say that."

"What was his name again, Pharaoh?" Apunda said while licking her lips, "Well he looks like ah king that's for sure-ah"

I slid down in the booth hoping he wouldn't see me but my attempt clearly failed.

"Joshua?" He called my name making me cringe.

When I looked up he was at our table, Alyssa looked at him questioningly while Apunda stared at him like he was a meal.

"I'm been trying to get in touch with you, your parents haven't heard from you, can we talk?" He paused and looked at Apunda giving her an awkward smile, "In Private."

"I'll be right back guys." I said as they both nodded.

I followed him out of the cafe and onto the front before stopping.

"So um what do you want to talk about?" I asked looking down.

"I told you the truth," he said straight forward, "I told you why I fucked up, I explained myself."

"Can you just tell me something, anything about how your feeling." He pleaded.

I sighed and paced a little to avoid eye contact.

"Pharaoh I don't know how to feel, I basically hated you for something my parents forced you to do. I suppressed feelings I had because I was hurt and betrayed."

"But there still there right? The feelings..."He asked.

"I don't know, I honestly don't know, after going for so long hating you the thought of doing anything else seems foreign." I said truthfully.

"Well I still love you, I never stopped, Even when I was gone I loved you. I'll wait, Joshua I can wait for you. Just tell me, tell me that there's something to wait for."

"Pharaoh I don't know, I...I don't k-

"Then let me help you figure it out." He cut me off and gently placed his lips on mine.