Feathers and Claws

Sapphire's POV:

The sound of my alarm clock went off, and I slowly shut it off. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stretched before I got out of bed. I was excited and nervous about my classes today; I really hoped my professors were nice. I washed my face, combed my hair, and brushed my teeth after I used the bathroom. Then I put on all of the jewelry I wear before I changed into my uniform. Once I was dressed I made sure all of my books were in my school bag. I wasn't sure which classes I'd have, so I just put all of them in my bag. It was a little heavy, but I could manage. I stepped out of my dorm and walked down the stone steps that lead into the common room. Their were a few people sitting on the black couch and chairs just talking and trying to get awake. I headed out of the portrait hole and figured I'd go straight to the Great Hall for breakfast. I wasn't too hungry, especially since I ate a lot last night for dinner. But I really needed some coffee to wake up properly. There were a few students already seated and eating break when I walked through the large double doors, but most of them were Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. I took a seat at the Slytherin table and yawned slightly before a steaming cup of coffee appeared out of nowhere. 'At least house elves know exactly what you need for breakfast.' I thought inside of my head as I took a sip of the black liquid. As soon as I drank the last drop, it automatically refilled. 'Thank Merlin for magic!' I thought as half of the school started filling the Great Hall. After my second cup of coffee I actually decided to eat something, and I settled for a bowl of cereal. "Hey, could you pass the milk?" A girl's voice asked, and I glanced towards my left to see a first year staring at me with big green eyes. "Sure." I replied as I handed her the milk. "Thanks." She replied with a small smile. "You're welcome." I said before the owls came flying down with the morning mail. Some students received the morning newspaper, and others got letters from their parents. I didn't get anything though, but I wasn't surprised. I never got any mail when I went to Ilvermorny either. As I ate my cereal and drank my coffee, I suddenly felt like someone was watching me. I looked around and found that the blond haired boy that talked to me last night was staring at me, and it made me really uncomfortable. 'Stop staring at me.' I said inside of my head, even though I knew he couldn't hear me. I just chose to ignore him and glance up at the staff table. Professor Snape was talking to professor McGonagall, and Dumbledore was just watching all of us with a sparkle in his eyes. There's no doubting that he was proud of every single one of us, even the first years who haven't really gotten the chance to prove themselves yet. Then I noticed another blond boy staring at me; the professor with the spiked up hair was watching me as well. 'Come on, I'm not that interesting.' I said inside of my head. I looked down at my cereal bowl and finished up with my breakfast. "Here are your class schedules. I hope none of you will have a tendency to be late... you don't want to be the reason Slytherin doesn't win the house cup this year." Snape's deep baritone said to all of us as he handed out sheets of paper. I looked at mind and tried my hardest to memorize the times of my classes.

«»
Monday & Wednesday
«»

9:00am ~ 11:00am - Advanced Double Potions: Professor Snape

12:00pm ~ 1:00pm - Lunch

1:10pm ~ 3:00pm - Herbology: Professor Sprout

3:10pm ~ 5:00pm - Advanced Magical Art: Professor Doyle

6:00pm ~ 7:00pm - Dinner

«»
Tuesday & Thursday
«»