Winter Dance

Sapphire's POV:

«Gemini Souls»

You may know the word Gemini from the interesting phenomena of astrology. The Gemini astrological sign representing twins. The case of the Gemini Soul is somewhat similar, yet very rare. It isn't commonly known amongst wizardkind due to its rarity. The Gemini Soul takes place when two souls merge together into one human body (also occurs in animals). The body will inherit personality traits from each soul, making the individual very complex. The mind of a being with a Gemini Soul has many layers, and can contain twice the amount of knowledge as someone with a single soul. Even though this is a rare occurrence, it is fairly easy to recognize. You don't need to look any further than their eyes. For example: their right eye could be blue while their left eye could be green. One eye represents one soul, while the other eye represents the second. Most witches and wizards have been casted out of families and society for this abnormality; some have even been killed.

"Merlin's beard." I muttered under my breath once I finished reading. 'No wonder Dumbledore gave me this book. It let me know why Gellert has different colored eyes.' I said inside of my head. "What's up?" Draco asked me curiously, taking me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I said as I looked up from my book. Draco and Nick were looking at me with concerned and curious looks on their faces. "Oh, sorry. I was just talking to myself." I replied with a slight laugh. I was helping them with their homework, so they didn't have to do it all tomorrow before the winter dance. Apparently Dumbledore and the heads of house decided to give the students a little party before Charisma break. I had already finished my homework, and I was busy reading the book Dumbledore had gifted me for my birthday. 'I should talk to Gellert about his Gemini soul sometime. Probably after the other students leave for holiday.' I thought inside of my head. "Are you ready for the winter dance tomorrow night?" Nick asked us curiously as he went back to writing his Care For Magical Creatures essay. "Yeah, but I'm bit nervous to be honest. I might need your help getting me ready for my date, Sapphire." Draco replied as his cheeks turned a light pink color. "Oh my god! Did Harry ask you out to the dance??" I whisper yelled, since we were in the library. "Actually, I asked him. I think he was surprised that I had the courage enough to do so." He replied, and I expressed how happy I was for him. Nick was excited about Draco and Harry going to the dance together as well. "I have a date with Adrianna Milton." Nick said after a moment of silence. His cheeks turned a little pink as well. "She's the Hufflepuff keeper, right?" Draco asked, and Nick said she was. I was happy for my friends, but I was suddenly aware that I didn't have a date to the dance. Deep down I didn't even wanna go to the dance, but I didn't wanna abandon my friends. At least there was going to be food, drinks, and live music. "So, who are you going with?" Draco asked me curiously. "No one." I replied. "What?! I heard Braxton Harris was going to ask you out." Nick said, and then covered his mouth. Obviously he just let something out that was meant to be a secret. "Braxton? Braxton who?" I asked with furrowed brows. "Well, he's literally all girls talk about, except for you." Draco replied. "He's captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team." Nick said, but I still didn't know who he was talking about. When they finished their homework we said out goodbyes and headed towards our common rooms. Draco and I were halfway there when someone called out my name. I turned around to see a tall boy jogging towards us. "Sapphire, could... could I talk to you for a few minutes?" He asked me curiously after he caught his breath. The robes he was wearing were Ravenclaw robes, and I had feeling he was Braxton. "Um... sure." I replied I told Draco I'd meet up with him in the common room later, and within a few seconds the Ravenclaw and I were alone. He had pale skin and jade green eyes that reflected the lamp light in the hallway. His hair was black, and shaved off on both sides; it kinda reminded me of Gellert's hair, but it was sort of slicked back instead of spiked up. "So, what did you wanna talk to me about?" I asked him curiously after a few minutes of silence. "I know it's late, but I was wondering if you'd like to go to the winter dance with me tomorrow night." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. I thought about it for a few seconds, and decided to say yes. I didn't wanna show up to the dance all alone, because if I did I knew that Pansy and her friends would say something about it. "Sure." I replied, and he seemed surprised that I said yes. "Really?" He asked me curiously as a smile spread across his face. "Of course, no one else asked me. I'm surprised that you did to be honest." I replied with a slight laugh, and his smile grew. "Well, for what it's worth... anyone would be stupid not to ask you to anything." He said, and I blushed slightly. He was a handsome guy, and I couldn't only imagine what people would think when I walked into the Great Hall with him beside of me. "Thanks." I said awkwardly. "Well, I better get back to Ravenclaw tower before curfew. I don't fancy getting detention with Filch and lose my opportunity to go to the dance with you." He said. We told each other goodnight before we went our separate ways. When I walked through the portrait hole I found Draco sitting next to the fire. As I told him what had happened, a huge smile spread across his face. "You go girl! You're going to the dance with the second most handsome man at Hogwarts. Harry being the first, obviously." He said, and we both laughed slightly. After we talked for a while we went to our dorms. I got ready for bed and started to feel guilty. Even though I couldn't go to the dance with Gellert, I felt like I was cheating on him. 'Gellert is just your friend, besides you can't have a teacher for a date.' I said inside of my head, but it didn't make me feel any better. I fell into a restless sleep. The next morning I got out of bed and got ready for the day. I put on a Slytherin green sweater over a plain white t-shirt along with a pair of black jeans and gray converse. Draco and I met up in the common room and then met up with Nick in the hallway. We talked about Braxton asking me to the dance, and they both seemed excited for me. People were staring and pointing at me as we entered the Great Hall, but I didn't pay attention to them. I knew that the news about who I was going to the dance with has spread like wildfire. Once I filled up my plate with food, I started eating. Later I knew I'd have to help Draco get ready for his date with Harry. It wasn't clear if it was actually a date or not, but I liked to assume that it was. When the owls started filling the Great Hall, I was surprised that I got something. A long package was wrapped in silver and green paper. An envelop was just underneath the black ribbon that was tied around the package. I opened the envelope first, and I was glad that I did.