1

hey! so this is the first proper part of this fic, where everything really starts : ) i hope you enjoy itttt

rosalie's p.o.v

"how was school?" my dad is sat in the driver's seat of his new car. it's shiny and red, just like his face when he does exercise. yellow tinted sunglasses cover his brown eyes, his hair messy as if he didn't make an effort. knowing my daddy, he probably didn't. he's in desperate need of a shave, his goatee becoming more of a goateeeee. ive tried to tell him this on multiple occasions recently but he just won't listen.

i clamber onto my booster seat, placing my backpack by my feet "easy". i flash a cheeky grin in my dad's direction, a smile forming on his features as he reaches over to do my seatbelt.

"that's my girl" his fingers tap out the beat to a song playing in the background and he starts to pull out of the parking lot. "listen tiny, i have to go away tomorrow, some weapons demonstration in afghanistan, and i'll be gone for a few days" he tells me "you'll have pepper and happy, and i'll be back as soon as i can be".

i nod and press my face against the window, i hate when my dad goes away. pepper and happy are nice and all but i want my dad, he's the only parent i've got. we stop at a light and out of the corner of my eye i see him look at me and bite his lip "as soon as i get back we can start getting excited for your birthday".

i can't help but smile at that, i turn eight in two weeks and every year on my birthday i spend the whole day with my dad. just me and him. daddy smiles too when he realises that i've perked up and we talk about his new missile on the way home.

once we're home, daddy goes down to his lab and i stay in the kitchen to do my homework. i finish it quickly, it's easy. i'm in the grade above the one i should be in and daddy said that i could move up to a higher grade but i don't want to, my friends are in my classes and i want to stay with them. i don't know where i'd be without liv and adam. they've been my best friends since i started going to public school when i was six. i used to be homeschooled but i got bored and pepper was concerned about my social skills. dad said that i was fine but she argued that i was becoming too much like him and he gave in.

sitting down at the piano, i decide to improvise. i've been playing piano ever since i can remember, through academics music has always pulled me back to earth again. daddy said that my mama used to play music, he doesn't talk about her much and so what i know is super important to me. it's like not knowing a half of you, i never met my mommy and i never will, and sometimes i think that i grieve for her, which is stupid because i never knew her.

i do wish i had a mommy though.

"nice, kiddo" daddy says from the doorway, he must've been stood there whilst i was playing.

i give him a small smile and hop off the stool, already knowing what he's about to tell me.

"i'm going out, jarvis will tell you when to go to bed, there's mac and cheese on the counter ready for you.. have you done your homework?"

i pout indignantly "who do you think i am?".

he chuckles and holds his hands up in surrender "yeah you're right sorry rosie. you'll be alright on your own? i'll be back in the morning to say bye before i leave for afghanistan".

i nod, i don't want him to know how much i hate being alone. this house is massive, completely huge, i haven't even explored most of it. sometimes i think i will and then back out because then i'll be even lonelier. i spend a lot of my time either playing music or dancing in the studio daddy had built for my fourth birthday.

"come here" daddy holds his arms open and i press into his hug.

"love you cub" he mumbles into my hair.

"love you too".

i draw whilst i'm eating my pasta, a picture of me and daddy. we're in a field, far away from our malibu home and stark industries. i'm not quite sure where we are, but it's peaceful and that makes me happy. if it wasn't for the fact that i'm with my daddy, i think i'd like to go and live somewhere more peaceful, by myself. i don't want to leave my dad behind though, and he likes the city so i can't. that's okay though, i don't mind where i am so long as i'm with him.

omgg okay so opinions on rosalie?

let me know what you think < 3