8

rosie's p.o.v

"can't she stay?" dad almost seems to plead with mr coulson and it is not a pleasant sight. dad doesn't plead, he never allows anyone to possess the upper hand.

coulson sighs and puts a hand on my back "mr stark, you do not currently have custody of rosalie and she is due to be picked up any minute". his tone is mildly apologetic but i know that he isn't too pleased with my dad's parenting.

"excuse me? i don't have custody of my own child?!" anger flares in my dad's eyes and his hands ball into fists.

i back into agent coulson a bit, a little bit afraid of what might happen if my dad gets too angry. phil merely rolls his eyes at my dad "must i remind you that i have a taser? we are trying our best to get rosalie back to you but the press are having a field day and the courts are not happy with the revelation of neglect".

if i thought dad was angry before, it's nothing compared to now "neglect?!" he practically shrieks.

"mr stark your child got in the middle of a potentially fatal incident back in monaco and additionally has been bleeding from her head regularly and you failed to notice. on the basis that we don't believe it will happen again we will get her back home with you, for her happiness rather than yours, however for the time being she must stay with someone else and she will be looked after".

dad doesn't say anything but runs a hand through his hair and lets out a long huff as he looks down at me "will you be alright cubs?".

"i'll be fine" i confirm with a nod, reaching down to pick up neo's lead which was trailing behind him as he passed across the room towards me "i have neoptolemus".

he lets out a small laugh and shakes his head "i'll see you soon then kiddo".

"yep".

i'm pretty sure pepper was unsettled to begin with. i mean, i get it, it's not everyday your boss's daughter grows antlers, but to be fair i feel as though i have more of a right to be shocked.

yet somehow, i'm not...

it's like i got all of my surprise out in those first few seconds and now i feel like i've had them forever, they're a part of me and i suppose always will be so i'm fine with it. we're golden.

i feel closer to mama now, even though i'm on a different planet, we both have antlers. i suppose this would be freakier if i had absolutely no idea where they came from because that would just be odd.

not that this isn't odd, it's very odd, but so is seeing your dead mum and broken glass raining down and then waking up on a different planet with siblings you didn't know existed.

i've had my fair share of odd, and more.

i think it suits me, as do the antlers.

nat loves them, she first saw them when pepper took me into stark industries so she could work because she didn't want to leave me alone. however she ended up doing just that when she went to speak to someone but couldn't find them.

natasha had entered the office as natalie, freezing just like everyone else does when she saw me. but then instead of some exclamation of "what the hell!" or "how on earth?!", she smiled, walked closer, and said "nice".

i've decided that natasha is one of my favourite people, she's funny and cool. she told me that she thinks i'm funny and cool as well and i spent the night with her because pepper was busy with work.

we ate pizza and ice cream and watched a film and talked about asgard because she was curious. she thinks that my dad will understand eventually, but i'm not so sure because antlers sprouting from my head should be evidence enough that i'm not entirely human. nat said that once the initial shock has passed he'll start thinking logically, that he's clever, partially.