4

rosie's p.o.v

"you can't come"

i glare at my dad across the room, my arms folded in an attempt to portray my irritation. mr coulson and pepper have left, leaving just me and the man in question to face off against each other. "no i can, you just don't want me to" i narrow my eyes.

he sighs and runs a hand through his hair "rosalie, there is no way on earth that i'm taking you into war".

clenching my jaw i decide to keep challenging him, i won't get anywhere if i back down "there's a lot more out there than earth, what about on asgard? can i go to war there?".

"you are a ten year old girl" he seethes through gritted teeth.

i raise an eyebrow "what does being a girl have to do with it?".

"nothing i-" he pauses and drags a hand down his face "you are ten, you aren't coming".

"i'm not a normal ten year old and you know it. i'm a goddess, i can handle myself".

"i can't take that risk! i can't knowingly put you into danger!".

"if you don't take me i'll get there by myself"

so that's how i end up sat on the quinjet, across from natasha.

"so you pretty much own the earth now?" she raises her eyebrows and i grin.

"kind of"

"cool".

i've folded my wings away and allowed my antlers to retract, dad said there are people here who might not take kindly to hybrids, like in asgard. he also suggested that some people might want to test on me, i'd like to see them try. we both agreed that i don't let them out unless/until i need them today. i already know that i will. dad flew off in his suit and insisted i go in the jet. although, as i'm with natasha i don't really mind.

my nails grip the edge of my seat as we hover above the scene and i push myself to stand so i can watch. i'm under strict instructions from dad and a very concerned pepper over the phone to stay in the jet but if anyone needs me i will not hesitate to jump out and hope my wings catch me.

i have to blink a few times when i see captain america. i can't hear what they're saying but i can see the super solider looking right at us.. and then loki.

"nat that's.. he shouldn't be here" i mumble, my eyes trained on the god of mischief. he's wearing a crazy helmet with horns which frames his face along with black and gold armour. in his hand is a sceptre which he has raised to the people kneeling below him.

natasha doesn't respond, but turns on the microphone "loki drop the weapon and stand down".

immediately he whips around and shoots at us with his sceptre, i'm not sure how i stay standing but i do, clutching my bow as natasha swerves the quinjet to avoid the burst of energy. in that time cap throws his shield at loki and they begin to fight. it's a mess of red, white, blue, and black flashes which my eyes struggle to keep up with as nat and i watch intently. that is until loki throws cap to the ground and places the tip of the sceptre to cap's helmet. there's a blur of motion in which cap knocks loki over with his leg and loki grabs him and flips him onto the tarmac.

"the guy's all over the place" natasha observes and i nod silently, trying to take in all of the information flooding my way. i don't get a chance to process it properly, because ac/dc blasts through the speakers and i jump out of my skin, my wings popping out against my will.

"agent romanoff, you miss me?" i can hear my dad's smirk in his voice and i shake my head in disappointment at his booming ego.

"hey dad"

"roos"

he's been calling me that more lately, i'm not sure why but i like it.

he flies over captain america and loki and hovers above them, blasting the latter to the ground. then he touches down and stands up, pulling out multiple weapons from his suit.

"make your move reindeer games".

immediately surrendering, loki lifts his arms and his hideous armour disappears.

"good move".

i see the soldier say something to dad who responds with "captain".

i think it's shock that finds it's way into loki's face when he's shoved down into the chair and his eyes rest on me. yeah, shock should cover it.

"they got you too?" he glares at dad and captain america, this time his expression mimicking that of disgust.

i shift awkwardly, moving closer to dad who wraps an arm around my shoulders "no i um.. i think you've met my dad". i look up at him, but he doesn't tear his eyes away from loki, who in return refuses to look away from dad.

the prisoner sneers at him, a cold sensation enclosing my heart "you don't deserve her".

it's not that that shocks me the most though, it's my dad's response.

"i know".