7

rosie's p.o.v

"you take neo and go get some stuff ready to go with pepper" phil gives me a nudge in the direction of my room once we arrive back at my malibu home.

i nod and do as he says, taking the fluffy mammal to my bedroom.

i don't feel as comfortable as i usually do when my toes sink into the carpet. something is off, i can just feel it.

tony's p.o.v

i stare at the paper in my hand, the headline screaming itself at me.

rosalie stark taken into foster care after billionaire's tantrum

rosie is shown holding hands with the man before me, agent coulson, as they walk through the street. she looks little and scared and alone. her hair is braided slightly differently to usual, different to how pepper does it. her blue eyes are wide and fearful and i gulp back regret as i push it away from me.

"where is she now?" i ask the agent.

"packing a bag with neoptolemus" he responds without even blinking.

i stare at him for a moment "nepotowhat? who the hell is that? how many weirdos are you gonna give my kid to?".

"rosalie loves him, they're inseparable, we had no choice but to bring him back with her"

i physically have to close my eyes to stop myself from cursing loudly as his words sink in "sorry, who are we talking about here" i question through gritted teeth.

the agent opens his mouth to respond but i've already changed my mind before words can emerge "actually just- i wanna go see her".

rosie's p.o.v

i'm packing my t-shirts when it happens.

the pain in my head returns faster than it has before, one minute i'm fine and the next i fall over with that same shooting pain. this time though, it's more violent.

i can't see, whatsoever. i literally cannot see.

i can hear neo bark loudly, my door slam shut, something smash. someone shouts my name but i can't respond or react because i'm completely pinned down by the pain. i don't think im screaming, i think that's someone else.

people are banging on the door, trying desperately to get in, but i didn't shut the door and i certainly didn't lock it.

"sir miss stark's heart rate is dangerously low"

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR THEN JARVIS"

"it would appear that she's holding it shut"

am i? no the door is across the room.

"rose, rosie listen to me you need to let us in" dad's voice echoes through the door and i try my hardest to respond but my lungs are tight and i can't force the words out.

"this episode seems to be more severe than usual"

"what do you mean episode jarvis? usual?"

"rosalie has been experiencing regular pain in her temples and often heavy bleeding"

"why the hell didn't you tell me?!"

"she wished to keep it a secret"

"jarvis i swear to god if my child is in danger i need to know"

"rosalie remember what we talked about" mr coulson speaks now.

"you knew?! you knew and you didn't tell me!"