part 3 - prologue

rosie's p.o.v

"jarvis i don't wanna- oh okay you've put it though anyway"

i look up from my 5000 piece kitten jigsaw to see my dad rolling his eyes at the screen in front of him. i can't quite see who's on the facetime call but im curious to see who my dad doesn't want to speak to.

we've spent the day down in his lab, dad working on his suits and me playing with neoptolemus and completing my puzzle. we've been chatting from time to time but mostly just focusing on our own (very important) work.

"good evening mr stark"

i frown, trying to work out where i know that voice from, i know it.. who is it?

"look mr cole i really don't have time for this right now. i need to finish this suit design so i can help rosalie with her cat jigsaw" he nods over in my direction and i give him a thumbs up.

"actually, mr stark, i was hoping to speak to rosalie. however if she's too busy with her jigsaw i understand".

my interest peaked and dad shocked, i jump up from my spot, causing neo to jump up with me. i skid over to dad's desk to the screen where the mysterious man is projected.

"mr coulson!" i exclaim when i can see who it is "how's new mexico?".

"it's good, very busy. now, i was hoping you could tell me everything you know about thor odinson".

the grin that forms on my face is one of pure excitement, i love thor, a lot. he was my 'date' to my birthday party and taught me how to dance like a princess. he also took me to see the stars and him and loki helped me with fighting with a sword and hand to hand.

"he's big!" i blurt out, the first word to spring to mind when i think about thor.

dad snorts and spins round on his chair "that all you got kid?".

"no" i glare momentarily before continuing "he's the god of thunder and he has pretty blonde hair. frigga, that's his mum, helped me braid it once and he looked like a girl". i smile at the memory but bite it back to continue "he carries around a big hammer which i can't pick up because i'm not big like him but he said one day i'll get there" i nod, satisfied with the information ive relayed.

"does the hammer look anything like this?" phil flips the camera so i can see a big crater in the ground. police tape and fencing surrounds the concave area preventing anyone from getting in.. or i suppose anything from getting out of that were to be an issue. right in the middle of the hole, just sitting there, is the hammer.

i want to laugh, i want to snort and make fun of thor because he dropped his hammer all the way from space. i want to shake my head and call him silly and run away when he chases me down the halls.

but something is wrong, very wrong.

i can see him shouting, odin shouting, frigga crying, loki.. loki smirking. i see thor fall and fall and fall. i see them fighting, not play fighting like they used to do with me, really fighting.

"-lie.. kid can you hear me? come on cubs what's up?" dad shakes my shoulder and i blink a few times, snapping back to reality "back with us?" he raises his eyebrows in concern.