3

rosie's p.o.v

i'm the first to leave the room, so i don't get crushed by the excitable asgardians who wish to speak to the new goddess of earth. personally, i'd like to avoid that, so i make my way to my room as quickly as possible.

whilst the silence lasts, i decide to admire myself in my bedroom mirror. the crown is as beautiful as i thought on first sight, it isn't too busy or flashy, just pretty. it also matches my bow and arrow which is nice, glad someone decided they didn't want me to clash.

a knock at the door breaks me out of my slight trance, words slicing through the atmosphere "can we come in?".

i grin when i identify the voice as mom's "of course".

the door opens wide, and there she stands. i didn't get a proper look at her when we were in the coronation, i was kind of preoccupied with being coronated, so i scan her now. her flowing blonde hair is pulled up into a ponytail similar to my usual one, but her hair is dead straight. her eyes are sparkling in the light, smiling along with her red lips. she's wearing a light blue dress which sweeps the floor when she takes a few steps towards me. one wing is spread out behind her, the other curled around her side along with her arms, holding a rosy-cheeked baby boy in place.

jupiter.

he has little brunette curls dancing on his head, as full of life as his amber eyes. a wide smile imprints itself on his face when he sees me and he reaches out little grabby hands.

without a word, mama draws closer and offers the little boy to me. i gladly take him into my arms, his warm body immediately curling into my own as he mumbles something i don't understand and makes little fists in my dress.

the door creaks but i don't look up to see who entered, fixated on the baby in my arms.

"he's beautiful" my voice is almost a whisper so as to not startle him. i want to hold this baby forever and protect him and make sure that no one who hates hybrids ever gets to him.

"he loves you" mom beams, sitting down on my bed next to neo who grunts in satisfaction.

"i love him" i hug my baby brother close to me, relishing in his soft scent and fluffy locks.

"not.. dead" i hear my dad mutter from the doorway and i look up to see him staring at my mom. she simply smiles and shrugs apologetically. dad stares for a moment longer before turning to me "you look adorable roos".

i smile at this, i always feel fluffy inside when he uses one of my nicknames "thank you".

"i'm so proud of you kiddo" he walks over and ruffles my hair "you did great out there".

"you did indeed" mom agrees with a nod "and you're going to do great on earth".

"i'll try" i look down at jupiter who's resting his head on my
chest.

there's a few moments of silence before mom looks at me questioningly "imagine yourself without your antlers or wings" she tells me, earning a frown from me.

"why?"

"just do it" she prompts.

i do as she says, closing my eyes and picturing myself before all of this began and i didn't have extra body parts.

"woah" i hear dad murmur under his breath and i open my eyes again.

looking behind me in shock, i realise that my wings are gone "oh" i whisper.

"now imagine them again".

i repeat the action, and when i look my wings are back, along with my antlers.

"cool" i observe quietly.

"very" dad agrees before sticking his hands in his pockets awkwardly "look, roos, i'd love to stay but i'm pretty sure pep's gonna be worried out of her mind and agent coulson wanted to talk to me".

"that's okay i want to go home anyway" i admit with a yawn "turns out being coronated is kind of exhausting".

mom scoops jupiter out of my arms and bends down to kiss my forehead "trust yourself" she whispers before pulling away.

dad keeps staring at me once we're back on earth and walking into the tower, almost tripping over multiple times because his eyes won't leave my face.

i make a point of stopping at the doors, turning to look at him "have i got something on my face?".

"no you just.. i just can't quite get my head around you owning the entire planet" he mumbles, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

i laugh "i don't own it, i'm just kind of.. assigned to it i guess".

"yeah" he pushes open the doors and holds them open for me to walk through "you're too little".

i stop right there, just through the doors, my blood starting to boil. dad's frowning at me as if he doesn't know why i've stopped and that makes me even angrier. i don't think he said it to offend me, but i don't like it anyway.

i fight to keep my voice steady and low, the illusion of calm necessary to get my point across "please don't underestimate me. i am more than capable of handling myself and the responsibilities i was born into".

he doesn't seem to know what to say to that and so we walk up to the penthouse in silence. i'm not surprised to see phil and pepper drinking champagne whilst sat on the couch, i figured they'd still be there because whatever agent coulson had to say seemed quite important.

pepper looks up when we walk in and immediately jumps up off the couch "how was it? are you okay?" she asks as she rushes over to me.

"it was okay" i nod and smile in reassurance.

"rosalie is the guardian of the planet apparently" dad raises an eyebrow at pepper who stares at him for a minute. the silence is palpable, i'm not sure how she's going to react. pepper is the epitome of protective mother hen.

we lock eyes for a long moment before she speaks "in that case, i feel very safe".

i feel my face break out into a grin, glad that pepper at least has some faith in me. she opens her arms and i press into a hug.

"congratulations miss stark" agent coulson calls from across the room, raising his glass to me. i beam at the agent in response, my irritation from earlier forgotten until he speaks again "i hate to dampen the mood, but i do have urgent business".