Chapter 11

Thank you for so many comments on the last chapter :) They motivate me to write faster

---

"Louis?!" his mother called from downstairs.

"What?!" he yelled back. He was in the middle of an episode and the last thing he wanted to do was get out of the bed.

When his mother didn't reply, he groaned and stood up from the bed to actually go downstairs. He absolutely hated when his parents would call his name and he'd have to go downstairs to see what they wanted.

"What is it?" he asked, trying not to sound too annoyed.

"What's this stain here?" his mother asked, pointing at the brownish stain on the white couch.

Shit.

It was a stain from Niall's accidentally spilled beer one day ago, Louis remembered.

"Uh...I was drinking some champagne and I accidentally spilled it."

"You could've just asked one of the maids to clean it up."

"Sorry."

"It's alright."

"Did you have a good time in New York?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

She nodded. They barely even got home, and of course his mother had already found something to pester him about.

"Eleanor called to ask us how we were doing, by the way. She seemed to be surprised that you weren't with us."

"Wha-what did she say?" Louis asked, panicking.

"I said that you stayed back home. Wasn't she invited to Liam's party?"

"Uh. It was-it was actually cancelled so I just-I stayed at home."

"Oh. Okay. Did you finish that extra credit homework?"

He nodded, relieved that his mother didn't ask too many questions. He knew he'd panic and everything would probably go downhill from there.

Louis spent the whole day in his room, reading and watching Netflix on his MacBook. He got tired at one point and sighed, because he wanted to go out somewhere, have some fun. But he couldn't because his parents wouldn't let him and besides, he didn't have someone to hang out with.

He called Liam a few minutes later, when he was done with pacing around his room.

"Hi Louis." Liam greeted on the other end and okay, he sounded kind of nervous.

"Hey! I was thinking we could hang out tonight? You could come over or-"

"I uh-I actually have a date with Zayn."

Louis' mouth fell open at the news.

"You-what? Where? What?"

"He asked me out yesterday."

"Where are you going?"

"Some Italian restaurant he likes."

"And-okay? Wow. So you're together together now?"

"I think so."

"Oh. Well...sorry. I mean good luck. Have fun."

Louis didn't wait for Liam to respond before he hung up and sat down at the foot of his bed. He'd never been more bored in his life. He felt like he could cry of exasperation.

Harry licked his lips as he watched Zayn roll up a joint. They were in Harry's living room on the 2nd of January, ready to smoke their first spliff of the year.