Chapter 13

The next week went by in a blink; Louis had two tests and his parents took him to a gala, so needless to say, the second week of school in 2015 had been totally chaotic for Louis.

It was Wednesday and he had arranged to go over to Barbara's that afternoon to start their project in economics. They had to pick a successful company and basically write its whole history on a PowerPoint presentation. It was easy but Louis really liked going over at Barbara's because her parents were rarely home and there was no one bugging them, not even her little brother Luke.

He walked with her over to Niall's school, so she could talk to him and kiss him goodbye. It was cute and also disgusting at the same time.

Louis offered to wait by the bus station for her so he wouldn't have to disturb them from sucking each other's faces off. He was watching Harry, who was leaning against the wall smoking with Niall, when someone pulled at his blazer.

It was a small boy with dirty clothes that looked as if he were homeless.

"Can you give me some money?"

"No. Go away." Louis muttered and turned away from him. He hated beggars.

He watched the little boy as he walked across the schoolyard, over to Harry, Niall and Barbara.

This should be good.

His mouth fell open when he saw the little boy holding his hand out to Harry, and Harry actually searching through his pockets before placing a bill in his hand.

The little boy smiled at him and thanked him, before running away with a big grin on his face.

Louis stared at the ground until Barbara came to get him, slightly ashamed that he'd been rude to the boy.

She drove them there with her new Porsche Spyder she'd gotten for Christmas. Everyone in his class had gotten cars for Christmas; Liam and Jade both got Bugatti Veyron's and Perrie got a Maserati. Louis still liked his Lamborghini the most if he was being honest, and he knew for a fact that it was the most expensive one out of all of them.

When they got to Barbara's house she grabbed a bottle of water and two glasses, before they both went upstairs.

They were thirty minutes into their project when the doorbell rang, startling Louis a bit.

"You expecting anyone?"

"Niall said he'd drop by so it's probably him. He had some things to take care of so that's why he didn't come with us."

Louis nodded and waited for Barbara to go downstairs and let Niall in. He actually liked Niall because he was loud and cheerful and really funny.

"You've been cheating on me with Tommo then?" Niall asked as soon as he entered her room and saw Louis at the desk.

"Yeah." Barbara said and Louis would've defended himself if he hadn't seen Niall's smile, which meant they were joking.

"Can I order pizza?" Niall asked five minutes later after he threw himself over the bed and Barbara nodded.

"What kind do you want?"

Louis turned his head to look at Niall, who was now lying on his stomach with the phone to his ear.

"Pepperoni please."

Niall nodded and repeated the order into the phone.

"Does he come over often?" Louis asked Barbara as she typed on her laptop.

"Yes." She smiled and Louis could tell she was completely head over heels for Niall. He wondered if he'd ever find that with someone, if he'd ever smile to the sound of someone's name like that.