The Interrogation

-C0de's PoV-

I was a little hesitant to eat the soup they had brought me, having learned to be cautious of others over the years. I Checked it quickly and I heard a soft chuckle from Outer, there wasn't anything wrong with it from what I saw.

"Don't worry bud, we ain't gonna poison ya, 'sides what would be the point? We just worked tirelessly to help ya, would be a little silly to go and kill ya after that" Outer said. He had a point, so I took a spoonful of the soup and ate it tentatively, finding it was quite good, I relaxed and started eating more enthusiastically.

As embarrassing as it was to be so eagerly devouring the food given to me, it had also been nearly a month since I had eaten a proper meal. Outer took a seat and red his book while I ate, making everything a bit less awkward. Once I had finished I sat in the silence comfortably, both of us not minding the quiet, I'm glad that Outer at least gave me time to settle my thoughts.

"So then, will we be waiting for your brother and Alphys to return before the interrogation or what?" I asked, my humor was, a little on the darker side some times.

"No, something tells me that the stuff you may tell us is not something I want my little bro to hear, so it's just you and me, Alphys is recording what is said but it's just because we all think you probably need help." Outer explained casually, putting his book down.

Thankfully they had given my clothing back, though they insisted that I stay hooked up to the machines so I had to wear borrowed loose pants and a t-shirt for the time.

"Heh... I'm pretty sure I'm beyond helping bud" I said softly, though something about Outer made me take a liking to him, maybe I could trust him, and tell someone my story. "So then.... what do you want to know?" I asked.

"What AU are you from? Who are you, and why do you have so many injuries?" Outer asked, getting straight to the point. I sighed softly now, how the hell was I supposed to explain any of that to him.

"My AU, does not exist anymore... even if it once had a name, no one can remember it, not even myself... as for me, I'm a glitch in the system.... I can't exactly tell you everything, it would cause destabilization just as it had to my universe when I figured it out... though I wanted to destroy my universe and me along with it, I don't wish it upon others... I would never wish for anyone to go through what I went through..." I paused, taking a breath before continuing. "I wanted everything to end because I was alone... simple as that... I was alone for so long... years... heh... being in solitude for that long... it will break a person." I mumbled.

"Wow... damn, okay.... but that doesn't explain the injuries, something tells me you aren't the type of person who does self harm... too stubborn." Outer said. I couldn't help but smile softly, it was funny how easily he seemed to be reading me.

"Yah... you're right, couldn't do that, it would be like disgracing Paps.... but.... Zer0 doesn't care about what I feel.... does whatever he likes when he gets control... I think he hurts me just to spite me... I mean he can't feel pain, only I can once I get control back..." I let out a dry laugh, looking up at the other only to notice the shocked expression on his face that he quickly tried to cover up.

"So then.... it's sort of like possession? Is it um.... because of you having a human Soul inside yours?" Outer asked hesitantly. This made me scowl slightly.

"Naw, Zer0 was there before I got the Soul..." I mumbled softly.

"Well... that strikes a case similar to Cross off of the list..." he mumbled softly. "Why do you have a human Soul anyways?" Outer asked now.

"Heh... you don't hold back do you?" Sighing I smiled and pulled out my Soul to look at it. "Originally the only reason I took the kids soul was because I thought that with it, I could just erase my timeline... make it all end... but... it backfired." I said, putting my Soul back where it belonged.

Outer looked at me, almost like he expected me to keep going, but I was honestly done talking about it for now. Not to mention Zer0 had just woken up, making me hold my head in my hand and wince.

"Sup C0de, what'd I miss?" Zer0 asked with a grin after yawning.

"Not much... but I already miss the peace and quiet inside my skull." I mumbled in response, making Outer look at me both confused and worried at the same time.

"Who are you tal- wait are you talking to, Zer0? That um... voice, or um other you?" Outer asked. I sighed and nodded slightly, already wishing for the quiet in my skull to come back rather then having an acute sense of paranoia and hatred amongst other dark feelings that came with Zer0 being around.

"Well... I guess you won't be telling me much more, I could see it in your expression a few moments ago. So I suppose we're done talking for a bit... oh, um because we would rather you didn't move about too much do you want me to grab you a book to read or something?" Outer asked now. I nodded, telling him that anything would be fine. He left briefly before returning with a few different books, some science and theory books, a few fiction novels, and s few on psychology. I murmured my thanks to him before he left.

I decided to look at the science theories, an entire section about astronomy catching my eye as I hadn't seen much on the subject in my underground. Zer0 despite being completely insane and unhinged had one thing in common with me, we both enjoyed reading quite a bit. And so the negative feelings lessened and I was able to enjoy a few hours of peaceful reading, with the other three peaking into the room to check up on me every now and then.

I could even say that, it was nice, for once being able to relax a bit and just enjoy something. If only it could last forever.

1095 words.

Yay a new chapter done! I hope everyone enjoys it, and yes Zer0 does enjoy something normal, shocker isn't it? Haha anyways next chapter we will probably see what Ink and Error are up to, and maybe even bring in new characters to the story as we learn more about who C0de is, his past, and what Zer0 could possibly be. See everyone next time!

-Equanox 🐉💙