The Mask

-C0de's PoV-

After Outer left through the portal the house went silent, and I could feel my anxiety creeping up on me again. Dream must have noticed because he pulled out a music player and put on classical music again but this time a little softer.

"So... can you tell me about yourself? Do you remember why you freaked out?" Dream asked gently.

I took a deep breath to calm myself before nodding.

"What do you want to know?" I asked in a soft grumble, not overly excited to delve back into my memories of the past.

"Well... that mask in your dream... you job I guess... what was it like? And how did you make that mask? Can you still make it appear?" Dream asked, eyelights turning to stars in his excitement.

I held up a hand to stop his barrage of questions for a moment. A soft sigh escaping me as I rubbed between my eyesockets.

"It was hard sometimes, having to be the judge I saw a lot of things, the sins of those I judged and how much regret they held for what they did.... some committed heinous crimes that would make anyone else sick... others were still haunted by their past and reliving the wrongs they did in the past sometimes was too much for their mind and ended up killing them anyways."

I paused now, "as for my mask, I was supposed to be a nameless judge... only those close to me knew it was me under that mask, I was the Faceless exicutioner and the nameless judge... in a way the mask made it easier to separate my job and duties from my personal life... but I can never fully forget what I did when I wore that mask... when it went on, someone was going to be judged, and their fate decided by me." I looked down at my hands as I tried to calm my shaking.

"It's been a long time since I've tried to don my mask... I may have lost it when I lost the ability to activate my Final Judgment ability..." I murmured softly.

Dream must have sensed that it was not the best time for me to be thinking about this.

"Oh, well... you like music right? Do you play any instruments?" He asked.

At this I smiled, "electric keyboard or synthesizer... I also like using soundboard but that was more for playing pranks." I said with a fond expression.

Dream had a big grin on his face now, "I'll see if Ink will make you some instruments tomorrow then!" He exclaimed happily.

"Do you have any sleep wear?" He asked after a moment of thought, to which I shook my head no. He quickly nodded and told me he would be back in a moment, returning with some dark blue pjs with gold trim and a star design on it.

Upon trying them on I found them a little long, but not horrible. The fabric soft against my bones.

"Star said it was the only pair that he had from when he was younger... I didn't think you would fit into a Sans' clothing because how tall you are." Dream explained as I came out of the bathroom.

I just nodded to him, saying it was fine.

"Um... is there anything you want in particular? Anything to make you feel more comfortable?" Came the soft inquiry by Dream.

I paused, when was the last time I had someone who was actually caring for me, since I felt relaxed and didn't have to fear Zer0 ripping control away from me. My sockets went black as I thought about this, then my entire body began to shake as an icy fear gripped my soul.

I can't have friends, I'll just lose them, if I care about others then they will inevitably suffer because of me. I couldn't let that happen, I can't let others go through that kind of pain, I'd rather suffer the torture on my own.