Dark, Darker, Darkest Past

Warning:
The following chapter contains very graphic scenes depicting torture, mutilation, gore, and blood. Viewer discretion is strongly advised.

I have the really intense section marked by double bracketed bold text for those who wish to skip as much of the torture as possible without loosing out on plot.

-Zer0's PoV-
I had been left in this darkness, this silence, for who knows how long. Trapped deep within C0de's subconscious and unable to move from the weight of the vices surrounding me.

There was very little I could feel from the outside world, like all the senses I once had access to had been completely turned off. I was starting to understand why C0de hated silence so much, it could drive anyone to madness.

While my knowledge of anything outside this shadowed mental prison was next to nothing, I could tell whenever someone entered the area that C0de was, and I could feel whenever he fell asleep.

Endless darkness that ate any light or colour that dared to break up the perfect empty expanse attached on forever around me. My attempts at escaping had proved pointless, and any hope of freedom was starting to trickle away from him.

Sharp hot pain stabbed through me as the quiet was broken by whispers and voices as I felt a heavy weight on my very being.

Useless... (Leech...)

Run.... (Turn Back....)

Too Strong.... (Too Weak....)

Leave Them.... (Help us....)

Your Fault.... (Disgrace...)

Kill.... (Murderer...)

Deserved.... (Failure...)

It Hurts.... (Hurt Them Back....)

Shatter.... (Break....)

Fight.... (Give up.....)

Voices hissed and whispered, echoing off nothing and over each other. It was like thousands of clawing hands were ripping and tearing at me while screams and pleads from the Abyss reach for me.

The weight of the vices devouring me with the overwhelming power, trying to take control of me was suffocating.

Through the grips of insanity I could feel another presence that was somehow familiar yet so new.

Clarity hitting me like whiplash, I tried to rush to the figures side, but felt like thousands of hands were holding him back.

"C0de wake up! You need to get it together or you're going to loose yourself to your own inner darkness!" I called desperately to this manifestation of C0de's mind.

C0de didn't answer, only holding his skull and sobbing softly, soft whispers escaping him as he tried to deny voices only he could truly hear now.

I struggled harshly against the force that was trying to smother me, ripping an arm free as I tried grab onto C0de.

But he was just out of reach. A flash of light blinded me and when I could see again I was looking at a blood covered C0de kneeling in front of That human.

"Let's play a game... we're going to have so... much.... fun..." the disturbing voice came from C0de, he sounded just, dead, but also so full of malice that it even startled me.