Moving Forwards

-C0de's PoV-
A few days later

Once I had fully recovered I decided to say a quick farewell to the people who had helped me.

"Hey umm.... I'm glad I found you three, saves me looking for each of you.... I would like to say, thanks.... for helping me and all that... but I should probably get going.... don't want to cause any more trouble" I said, laughing nervously.

Star went wide eyed now, "NYEH? BUT SURELY YOU HAVEN'T FULLY HEALED! IT HAS ONLY BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE WE FOUND YOU C0DE." Star exclaimed, Outer just shrugged.

"I'll be fine... I'm much better then when you first found me. So, thanks again, maybe I'll see you again...." I replied.

"OF COURSE! YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO COME VISIT US FRIEND" Star said with a big smile.

I however couldn't help but stiffen up, struggling to keep myself from panicking.

"You can't have friends, you don't deserve friends, you will just let them down.... you can't care about anything or anyone but yourself. Everything you have ever cared about always gets taken away from you, why would this be any different?" Zer0 asked softly, and yet I couldn't argue with him either, he was right.

Star seemed to have noticed my reaction, getting worried, he reached out a hand to place it on my shoulder.

I turned away before he could touch me, "goodbye.... and thanks again." I said without turning my head as I stepped forward away from the taller skeleton. Even to me my voice sounded dead, and a twinge of guilt crept into my mind, but it was better this way.

Opening my portal I stepped through, the air in the area distorting and bending as I walked through my tear in the codes, leaving Outertale behind me to go back to my home. My little floating rock of ash that couldn't even be considered a world anymore.

"Okay I'll admit that AU isn't as stupid as most of the others... the stars are nice" Zer0 mumbled.

I smiled slightly, "yah, I think I like that AU too.... can we agree not to mess with the codes of that AU then?" I asked my other self. Zer0 shrugged, but nodded. At least we could agree on that one thing.

After that I decided to go and stop at a random AU to buy some things after coming to an agreement with Zer0 that I would keep control if I got him something as well.

I hoped into a version of Undertale where everyone was on the surface, relishing in the chance to get something new. So I ended up getting a sort of journal and writing tools as well as some different teas to take back with me. I also got Zer0 a new e-reader, knowing that he preferred reading off electronics as to old fashion paper literature, I also got him a few snacks for later.

With all that finished both of us were content and went back to our home.

"Thanks for behaving for once.... you know when you aren't being a pain in the ass or a complete psychopath, you're not that bad..." I said, sitting down in the old beanbag chair I had.

"Yah.... thanks I guess.... and you aren't always as annoying and boring as I initially thought I guess" Zer0 replied as we both sat down.

Even though this floating rock drifting between code and existance was far from a place to live, it was all I had, so I made do with what I could get, and with some messing around I had managed to get a partially acceptable living space. Though it had taken a long time I had managed to get some form of electricity, and there was never any problem with visibility, though it wasn't dark or light. I had my beanbag chair that doubled as my bed, it was a big chair, I had a kettle and a sort of stove and a small fridge as well as some shelves. I also managed to get a working sink set up, that took forever, but it let's me do quite a bit. Other then that, I didn't really have anything else, didn't have a need for it I guess.

After everything that had happened in the last couple of days or so, I was tired, and for once, Zer0 seemed to be content to just let me relax. So after a while we both ended up drifting off into a deep dreamless sleep. Though we never did dream anymore, it was just peaceful nothingness.

-Ink's PoV-

It had been a few days since we encountered that C0de, and everything had been quiet. I took it as a sign that I could relax for a bit, things were also getting better between Error and I, because I didn't create as often, he didn't have to destroy as much. We were also able to come to agreements on what AUs he could end, targeting the most unstable ones that even I would be hard pressed fixing fully.

Other then that, I had told most AUs that I suspected may be in danger if this C0de guy showed up again to be on the lookout for any suspicious people as well as giving a loose description of C0de.

Though frankly I was beginning to wonder what could have possibly caused this Sans to become how he now was. I could easily picture part of the reason for his current state could be due to experiencing a particularly bad Genocide Run. After all it's happened before, and based on what I know, this guys universe sounded like it had been very close to the original, so maybe an alternate timeline as well. Either way, it did not bode well for any of the parties involved. It was hard enough with Nightmares group of Dark Sans' that I was quite certain I didn't want someone with as much power as this C0de to end up joining the group of serial killers.

Still, this guy was quite the interesting character, and it was rather exciting. It just made me want to know his story even more now.

1035 words!

Heya people, hope you like this chapter, getting learn more about what C0de fears, and maybe some hint at some bonding between C0de and Zer0? Maybe they can learn to tolerate each other. Also while yes Ink is curious about C0de it is in no way romantic or anything like that. It's more like a child like curiosity, he's found something new that he wants to learn more about, like a kid learning about insects for the first time or stars or whatever. To Ink, C0de is just a new shiny thing that he wants to figure out what makes him "tick" as you might say. Anyways hope you enjoy, sorry if the last few chapters haven't had as much action.

Also I wrote this at 3 am....

Yah....

Oops! 🤣

-Equanox 🐉💙