Capture

-Cross PoV-
I decided that I had enough information to go after my target. It wouldn't be that hard to find a skeleton in an AU full of humans after all.

With that thought in mind I opened a portal and jumped through, landing in the snow outside the town.

Keeping to the shadows of the trees, I made my way into the forest, my senses sharp and alert.

I didn't know why I decided to go in the direction I did, passing the sentry station that Sans would normally be at. I noticed footprints in the snow, ones that seemed slightly rushed. I decided to follow the trail, soon coming upon this universes Sans who had his phone out texting someone.

Still hidden in the shadows I realised what he was looking at every time he glanced up was in fact a skeleton partially hidden in a hollowed out tree.

A soft growl of annoyance escaped me, of course I would now have to deal with this Sans just to get to my target. Maybe if I stayed hidden and waited long enough, the Sans might leave on his own.

The skeleton in the tree who must be C0de was rather hard to see fully, but who else could it be? The Human Sans leaned forwards and took a picture of the seemingly unconscious skeleton. But the idiot forgot to turn off his flash.

In the blink of an eye the human Sans was on his back pinned by the skeleton. There were no eyelights visible in his sockets, and he had a jagged black and green bone that was sharp as a knife held against the humans throat.

This was my chance, I could feign saving the Human Sans and use it as an excuse to capture my target.

With that in mind, I calmed myself before teleporting beside them and tackling C0de off the dazed Human.

I held my own giant sword against his neck now, looking at him calmly as he stared back with void sockets. In a way it looked almost like he wasn't fully there.

I spared a glance at the human, "sorry, you aren't hurt are you? I was hoping to catch this guy before he could cause any trouble." I said in a calm but friendly enough tone.

The Human Sans sat up, slowly shaking his head and rubbing nervously at his neck. "N-nah I'm good" he managed to mumble.

I looked back down at C0de, man this guy really did look like a prisoner of war. Though it was a little disappointing how easily I took him down, he barely put up a fight. Was this really the same person the others were talking about.

"Well, sorry for the trouble, I'll be taking him with me so he can be properly taken care of." I spoke as I placed the restraints on him that would knock him out cold. It was surprisingly easy to do so too, the guy didn't even resist.

This just confused me more, the few moments he was conscious before he was out he stared at me with this unnerving lifeless gaze. It was like he wasn't fully there.

The human nodded, "kay... umm... sure" he mumbled, turning to walk away, he was clearly done with all this. I smiled, lifting the unconscious skeleton over my shoulder.

Despite how freakishly tall the guy was, he was surprisingly light as hell. Oh well, just made my job that much easier.

I opened the portal and walked through back to the castle, casually tossing the other off as I closed the portal.

Killer, Dust, and Horror were all there, as I had just walked into the livingroom. Upon noticing who I had just nonchalantly dropped onto the floor, Dust and Killer stared at me, clearly shocked. Horror on the other hand flinched back upon seeing C0de.

Ever since their encounter, Horror had stayed quiet about what he experienced and was a little more on edge, but what was showing in his eyelights was pure fear upon seeing C0de.

"Dude how the fuck? You look like you didn't break a sweat" Dust asked.

"That's because I didn't... he didn't even fight back... are you sure this was the guy who wiped the floor with you?" I asked rather smugly.

Killer frowned at that, "something must be up, no way he just let you catch him..." he said.

"What's that on his neck?" Dust asked, pointing at this metal collar that looked slightly burnt.

I knelt down, looking closer at the object of interest. The thing looked like some high tech shit, and based on what little I could gather, it seemed to be a magic blocker. But the surprising thing was that the thing looked completely fried, like it burnt itself out and short circuited.

"Magic blocker by the looks of it... and broken too." I mumbled.

"How did it break?" Killer asked.

"My best guess.... it got overloaded somehow..." I mused.

"Wait... that means.... you realise that means he managed to teleport and use magic with that thing on. He must have been weakened. That's the only reason you caught him so easily." Dust said with a smirk. I just rolled my eyelights at them.

"Guess I should go tell the boss then...." I mumbled.

"No need... well done Cross." The deep cold voice of our leader spoke behind me, a chill going down my spine.

Nightmare had a smirk on his face as he lifted the still knocked out skeleton in one of his tentacles. He used one tentacle to snap the collar as he looked him up and down.

"So.... why did you want this guy?" I asked after a moment.

"You will understand soon enough... once I've broken him at least." The cold response from our leader made me shiver in fear. I felt a little bad for the unsuspecting skeleton held limp in the air.

Nightmare chuckled, "I will be in the lower levels attending to our new... guest... do not disturb me." He said as he walked out, bringing C0de with him.

I shuddered, knowing exactly what was probably going to happen down there.

After all I had some first hand experience with the Dark Kings cruelty. If you don't join willingly, you will either be forced, or have a change of heart.

It was always better to just join rather then endure the price of disobedience. Resistance only led to painful punishments.

1080 words!

This is more of a filler to properly bridge the last chapter to the next one. I always picture Nightmare to be the kind of leader to rules with an iron fist. If you are good, and obey his commands, then you are treated well, and even cared for. However if you resist him or disobey him, then you will likely experience hell. That's why in my story Cross and Killer still willingly work for him, they realised that as long as they did as told, they could have a pretty damn good life and Nightmare could be pretty chill, as long as you aren't on his bad side. With this in mind, almost all new members of his gang would likely go through a trial time where Nightmare is a total sadistic asshole towards them just to show them their place. Anyways I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter.

- Equanox 🐉💙