The first Step to Getting Better...

-Dream's PoV-

Once the overwhelming amount of negativity coming from C0de disappeared I was able to breath again. Of course I had heard everything, but it took a moment for my mind to register what had been said. Error was still quite tense and was seemingly not planning on talking, and Outer had a deeply concerned expression.

"Well... what now? I mean I could take him" Nightmare offered, everyone but Error and Nightmare quickly shouted no. The last thing we wanted or needed was someone with the kind of power C0de had working for Nightmare.

Error seemed indifferent to it, while Nightmare rolled his one visible eye and tsked at us, turning away, before leaving.

With my brother gone Outer and Ink both relaxed a little.

"So wHaT dO yOu pLaN oN dOiNg WiTh tHiS gUy?" Error asked now, keeping the unconscious C0de tied up with his strings.

"Clearly he needs help! He deserves to know happiness" I interjected, while Ink just seemed lost in thought.

"You're right about one thing Dream, he does need help, and a lot of it...." Outer mumbled.

"I could make a small pocket AU to keep him in and we can try to help him... make some magic blockers to keep him from running?" Ink said after a moment.

"Sounds like you want to put him in a straight jacket and throw him in a padded room.... insane asylum much Ink?" Outer half joked.

"Maybe not a padded room... but essentially yes..." Ink said.

"Maybe like a Therapy AU or something?" I asked. Ink nodded at this.

"It might work...got any problem with that Error?" Asked Ink now. Error just grumbled softly about not giving a shit right now.

With that settled Ink left to start making the world, having us come once he had the basics of the small world made. Soon we had a small house made, though no objects he could use to hurt himself in it. And we all had agreed to fill the world not with monsters but at least with animals at the suggestion of Outer.

Ink then made the magic restricting collar, using Errors strings to be able to hold C0des soul so that the collar would block his magic. Though the downside was that if C0de acted out too much it could cause Error a headache from the magic.

"I don't think he should be left alone... maybe... this might be a bad idea but, maybe there should always be another Sans or any person here to watch over him and talk to him?" Outer proposed after everything was done, all of us sitting around a kitchen table.

"Well... we could potentially set up some sort of schedual... we will probably need more people though... and um... Outer you should probably be the first when he wakes up... he seems to trust you... hopefully he won't panic right away." Ink said.

Outer agreed to this, "however once he's awake I plan to explain his situation.... better to tell him sooner then later... maybe then we can all have a chance to talk to him?" He added now.

Personally I wanted to hug the beaten up skeleton right now and make him feel happy, but I knew he was just too hurt to fix so easily, we would have to take things slow.

-Outer's PoV-

I was a little nervous to say the least, I know I'm the one who had suggested it, but there was still the fact that I had no idea how to approach talking to C0de about all of this.

We were sitting at the dining table in the kitchen, with C0de still unconscious lying on the couch in the livingroom. Everyone had gone quiet now as we all silently mulled over our options.

Dream could probably sense how uneasy I was, as the smaller sans placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile. "If it makes you feel better, I can stay in this AU until he wakes up and make sure you're okay" Dream offered now. I smiled and gave him a nod, grateful for his support.

Silence once again filled the air, unspoken thoughts and worries weighing my conscious.

We all stiffened a little when we heard some movement from the livingroom, as well as some soft mumbling. I let out the breath I hadn't notice I had been holding and stood up. C0de clearly heard the sound of me standing as all sound from the other room abruptly stopped.

-C0de's PoV-

I couldn't remember how I had fallen asleep, all I knew was that my skull felt like it was being repeatedly smashed into the ground. A groan escaped me as I shifted my body around, noticing that I was on something soft.

Opening my eyes I had to wait for a moment as everything was rather blurry for a few moments. I froze when I heard what sounded like a chair sliding over a tiled floor in what I assumed was the room next to the one I was in.

As everything started to come into focus I stayed as still as a statue, my eyelights darting around to quickly scan where I was.

It looked like a livingroom. I stiffened when I heard what sounded like a faucet being turned on. Staring at the doorway that led to what was probably a kitchen, I scooted back as far as I could away from the doorway, my every sense on high alert.

A slight measure of relief passed over me as Outer walked into the livingroom with a glass of water and a bottle of what seemed to be painkillers.

"Hey C0de, how are you feeling?" Outer asked in a gentle voice, almost like he was nervous I might attack him at any sudden movement.

I let out a small grunt, "Head's killing me..." I mumbled, noticing how horse and scratchy my voice sounded.

Outer let out a slight sigh and nodded in understanding, slowly approaching and offering the glass of water as well as the bottle of meds.

After a moment of studying the bottle of medication and then the meds I deemed them both safe enough. Taking a large drink of water to sooth my throat and then some of the meds to help my head.

Outer fiddles with his flanges in his lap, clearly nervous. This was making me a little on edge, not to mention I couldn't remember how I got here or what had happened.

"What's going on.... and don't bother trying to lie" I grumbled, not wanting to deal with things but knowing I had to. I also noticed Zer0 was oddly quiet for once, making my skull feel a little empty without his mocking voice, I took mental not of that but decided I'd deal with it later.

Outer stiffened, fidgeting even more. "Okay just.... try to keep an open mind... and try not to freak out... okay?" He said after a moment.

A puzzled look must have washed over my expression for a moment, but I nodded, waiting for an explanation.

The smaller skeleton sighed, collecting his thoughts before looking at me to speak.

"Well...."

1201 words!

Muhahahahah cliff hanger! Yah I'm sorry.... not.... well I'm finally getting out of my writers block a bit, so I'm sorry that this took so long to update, I've also been working on some art for a new character who I've planned in my Character Bio and Art book. I'm planning on writing another book that goes into this characters story, and I expect the style in which I will tell the story will probably be quite a bit different at least in the beginning as the existance of the multiverse won't come into play for his story at least until much later. Anyways, thanks for reading, I plan on updating again soon, but I really wanted to get this bit out of the way... next up, a rollercoaster of emotions and insanity for our group of skeles.

- Equanox 💙🐉