|| CHAPTER 60 ||

"Isn't she beautiful?" Claire asked in a whisper, her head leaning against Owen's shoulder. He hummed and let his cheek rest against her crown. "Just like you" He whispered and reached a hand out to stroke Charlie's cheek. Claire sighed, a lazy smile appearing on her face, as she snuggled further into Owen. Both his arms went around hers, holding both his girls as close as possible. He could feel Claire's relaxed breathing against his chest. The rhythm of her heart, slow and steady.

He reached a hand up to stroke some hair out of her face, so he could look at her. She sighed into his touch and let her head fall against his hand. He leaned forward a bit, to get his face closer to hers and whispered, right behind her ear. "I love you" A shiver made its way down Claire's spine, caused by his hot breath by her ear. She smiled and turned her head slightly to look at him. Locking eyes with him, she licked her lips a couple times and swallowed. She reached up to kiss him and held her head where it was. Not willing to move away, to let go of his touch. Eventually she pulled away reluctantly and only because her neck was starting to hurt. "And I love you" She whispered, going in for one last kiss, before settling back against his chest.

Owen leaned his head forward to give Claire's hair a kiss, and then another and another. Charlie eventually fell asleep again and Claire went to put her back in her crib. When she settled back in bed, Owen let his body slide down and opened his arms to her. Without a second thought, she let herself snuggle into him. Let her head rest on the spot between his chest and shoulder. Her arm around his middle, pulling him towards her. One of his hands were slowly caressing her lower back, while the other was cradling her head, running his fingers through her hair.

Claire let her eyelids fall down and let out a deep breath, giving his collarbone a small kiss. He smiled and felt her lips curve up against his shoulder. He tilted his head to leave a kiss on her, wherever he could reach. Claire had slept too much for her to be able to fall asleep now. She settled on just being held by Owen, the love of her life, her absolute everything. Feeling his muscles tense around her to pull her in further. Feeling his breath in her hair and the small strokes his fingers were making on her back. She sighed out loud and got a good grip on his t-shirt, attempting to pull him in further, but without luck. There was none of their limbs that weren't touching. All of them entangled in each other.

Owen didn't know for how long they had been in bed, he wasn't sure if Claire was sleeping either. She didn't have to be asleep for her breath to be even and steady. It mostly happened when they were snuggled up together. She once told him, that being in his embrace brought upon a unique feeling of safety. Like nothing she had ever felt before.

After a bit of time, he could feel himself slowly drifting off. What stopped him, was the feeling of wetness against his chest. It, having seeped through his shirt. He pulled away slightly, getting his hand up to hold onto Claire's shoulder. When he got her far enough away to look at her, he found her eyes red and shining, her cheeks sticky and with hair plastered to them. He looked down at his shirt quickly to find a big dark spot, presumably Claire's tears.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Owen asked, the panic rising within him. She shook her head lightly at him and sniffled. "Claire baby, talk to me" He then said and wiped her cheek gently, with his thumb. She looked like she was about to say something, but then she broke down. The grip on his shirt tightened and he could feel her tears soaking through his shirt even more. He decided against trying to make her talk. Instead he just tightened his hold on her and pressed her against his body. Rubbing soothing circles higher up on her back than before. His fingers still running through her hair, but lightly pressing down on her scalp as well.

"Shh, baby. It's okay, just let out...I'm right here" He whispered, continuing to press kisses to the top of her head, in between his sentences. A couple of sobs left her throat, before she pulled away from him slightly. Reluctant to look him in the eyes. She closed hers with a small shake of her head, before looking up at him, right into his green orbs. The concern was shining through and it almost broke her all over again. She blinked a couple times, pulling herself together in the process. At least enough to be able to get a few words out. "I...I don't know, Owen" She whispered and wiped one of her eyes. He looked down at her understandingly, waiting for her to find the words. She exhaled loudly, in an attempt at figuring out why she broke down. Find the reason for her tears.

She felt like she was close to a reason, like she found the source within her. Then she got reminded of the time before Charlie was born. Where she zoned out and found her face covered in tears. She didn't remember if she found the reason that time, or if she just ignored it like good old Claire.

"Hormones" She simply said, almost a whisper and barely audible with the tears that filled her voice. "I know baby...But what brought it on? Do you know?" Owen asked, stroking a lose strand of hair, behind her ear. Claire swallowed the lump in her throat and sighed. "Everything is just so overwhelming...Charlie, Maisie, you..." Claire said with a shake of her head. Owen sighed, wishing that he understood, but even after trying his best, he was clueless. "Me?" He asked nervously. Did he do anything?

She nodded and said. "Yea...you." She swallowed before continuing. "You're just too perfect, Owen...I feel like I can't live up to you, like I'm not good enough. And then with Charlie, I feel like one giant mess and you just make it all better and I'm not doing anything to help you or be there for you" And with that, she broke down again. "Shh, shh. Claire, hon I'm far from perfect. You're the one who's handling this like a champ. Yes, you're tired but that is understandable and both Maisie and I know that...It actually helps me, a little" He said and chuckled. "I've been feeling like I'm letting you down, like I'm not there for you enough" He said. It got Claire to look up at him, confused and insecure at the same time. "What?" She whispered, her voice cracking. He smiled sincerely down at her, tilting his head in an attempt to make sure she knew he was serious. "I mean it, Claire" He whispered, and wiped her cheek again. "I never feel like I'm enough. I mean you grew a human being and pushed it out of yourself. How can I measure up to that? And then you're so great with her. I have no earthly idea of what I'm doing, plus you help Maisie at the same time. You're the one who got her to hold Charlie, the one who got her to take that big step..." He let out a soundless laugh and smiled back at her. "You're the perfect one and somehow you manage to get even more perfect with time" He said.

She gulped and reached her hand up to caress his cheek, for once. She shook her head with a laugh and looked back at him. "You're crazy, you know that, right?" She asked, tilting her head with an ever-growing smile. He smiled back at her and nodded. "I'm well aware" He said and went down for a kiss.

Told ya there was going to be more. This was sadder than I anticipated but it worked out. At least I think it did, I might be wrong.

I would like to remind you all that I do have another book, where I write oneshots. If you have any requests, I do take them.

I've also been thinking about writing a oneshot on around 50k words. (My boyfriend is pressuring me – Much love) Sort of a survival one. Action and so on, and I want to know what you guys think. Feel free to ask more into my idea, if you feel like you need more information to say, yes please write it or wtf are you thinking woman.

Oh yea, 60 BABY WHOOOOOP!