|| CHAPTER 86 ||

A week later, Alex had already visited twice more. Both Claire and Owen both enjoyed when Maisie brought her home and it had become very clear to them, why Maisie liked her as much as she did.

Maisie came home on a Thursday, throwing her backpack by the door, before making her way into the living room. Where she found her mom on top of her dad, strangling him while he held her back by her arms. Maisie came to a stop at the sight and tilted her head slightly. Neither of them noticed her, as they continued their little play.

"Owen Grady, I'm going to do it no matter what. You might as well give up now" Claire said, as she tried her best to free her arms from his strong grip. "You'll never take me alive" Owen said and leaned up teasingly, stopping right before their noses touched. "Watch me" Claire then whispered and started struggling again. Owen was quick to keep his fingers around her wrists. "Its not that bad Owen, you're a grown man for gods sake" Claire then said. Owen squinted his eyes at her and smirked.

"What are you doing?" Maisie asked after having had enough. Her and Charlie were supposed to be the children here. Both their heads snapped up to Maisie and Owen quickly let go of Claire, as she sat up straight, still on top of him. "Hey sweetie" Claire then said, reaching a hand up to fix her hair. Maisie didn't say a word, her head still tilted to the side, as her eyes darted over to her dad. "Your mom wants to plug my eyebrows" He said and turned his head to look at Claire with a joking death stare. "No, I just want to get rid of the few in between or you're going to end up with one instead of two" Claire said.

It was clear that neither were mad and were just messing about, because Owen had his hands high up on Claire's thighs, where she placed her own after having fixed her hair.

Maisie still hadn't said a word, while looking between the two. She tilted her head to the other side before speaking. "Anyway, I just wanted to ask if Alex could sleep over tomorrow?" Claire swallowed thickly, not exactly sure of why, in the moment. "S..sure" She said and forced the best smile she had. The most convincing one. Owen obviously had no problem with it, saying exactly that.

After Maisie disappeared upstairs, Claire climbed off of Owen. "I'll do it while you're sleeping" She said and put the tweezers down on the coffee table. He chuckled at her, as he lifted himself up to sit properly.

"What's wrong?" He then asked, as Claire leaned into him. She groaned, unsure of what was actually wrong and how to say it. "She's 15" She then said. Owen agreed and waited for her to continue. "And...Alex is her girlfriend" She then said, getting a 'correct' from Owen. "And they're going to be sleeping in the same bed, in her room, behind a closed door" Claire then said, feeling all kinds of weird feelings. "I know, but look at it this way...or don't. I'm not going to tell you what to do" He said, in an attempt to lighten the mood, which worked, indicated by Claire's little chuckle. "She is 15 yes, but she's also extremely responsible and aware. It's clear that she trusts Alex a lot and from what I've seen, Alex isn't half bad. I'm pretty sure we can trust her too" Owen said, rubbing Claire's shoulder with the hand that was wrapped around it. "You're right" She said, half a whisper and followed by a sigh. "And besides, Alex is a girl" Owen then added, making Claire push herself away to look at him. "What does that matter?" She asked. He shrugged and said. "Well, I don't trust boys...or men and you shouldn't either", making Claire shake her head with laughter before crashing her body into his. Hugging his middle, as she leaned up to kiss him.

The same night, the two of them were in bed. Claire leaning up against the headboard, with Owen's head in her lap. His right cheek resting on her thigh, as he stroked his fingers over her silky-smooth skin. Taking in her scent as well as catching his breath after the grownup activities that took place just a few minutes earlier.

Claire was running her fingers gently through his hair, as she looked down upon him. Smiling to herself at just how much she loved this man. The smile grew for a second but quickly faded afterwards. She swallowed thickly, still letting her fingers run over his scalp as calmly as possible.

"Something wrong?" He asked in a tired but concerned voice. Claire shook her head slightly. He must have felt her body tense up. She sighed and shook her head again. "No" She said, close to a whisper. Owen stopped his fingers from moving. "Claire don't lie" He said, sounding more hurt than he should, Claire thought. "I'm not, she said and swallowed. Nothing is wrong..." She said and awaited his response. "Well there's something on your mind, wrong or not" He said and let his fingers dance across her thigh again.

Claire bit her lip and started chewing on it. Her fingers still running through his hair. "Claire baby, what's on your mind?" Owen then asked in a gentle tone. Claire sighed again and let her hand wander down to caress his cheek.

She smiled to herself slightly before speaking. "I'm pregnant"

Her throat folded in on itself as she said it, making it sound like a cry if any sound even made if out. It took Owen's mind a few seconds to realize what his wife had just told him. Claire got more convinced by the second, that no sound made it out. That was until Owen's hand on her thigh, went from gently placed on top, to a tight grip that only lasted half a second. He sat up quickly, using said hand to lift himself.

"What?" He whispered. Her green eyes locked with his and a small smile tucked at the corners of her mouth. Owen swallowed ones and opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. Claire was quick to notice and licked her lips, making herself smile even more.

"I'm pregnant" She then whispered, this time sure that sound had made it out. Not only because she could hear it herself but also from Owen's expression. His eyes wide open and mouth slightly ajar. "You're pregnant" He said, more a statement than a question. Claire's smile grew even more as she nodded. "I'm pregnant" She repeated. Owen grabbed both her cheeks with his hands, pulling her face to his and kissing her over and over again. Switching to cover her nose and cheeks with kisses.

When he was done covering Claire in kisses, he brought his hands down to her middle, to pull her into a hug. She gently let her arms wrap around his neck, burying her face in it afterwards.

I'm back from the dead

Without promising too much, I'll most likely start writing more.

I have a 2-hour trip home 3 days a week and I've decided to start bringing my laptop with me.

Alright

Hope ya enjoyed.