|| CHAPTER 72 ||

"This is not only a housewarming, its our wedding" Claire said.

One week ago

"We could just do it next week" Owen said. Mouth pressed against Claire's head, taking in her scent. They lay tangled together in bed after another one of their many adventures. Claire's leg flung across Owen's, her arm going in the same direction, holding his upper body close. His arms were around her small figure, pressing every inch as close as possible. Scared that she would slip between his fingers. "I mean...It's not a bad idea" Claire said, exhaling comfortably, as she snuggled her head further into his neck.

He breathed in the calming smell of her hair. It brought out more energy from within him, more strength for another adventure. "Why not do it then?" He asked with his nose still burrowed deep in her red locks. "Alright" Claire said nonchalant, turning slightly to look at her hopefully soon to be, husband. The expression she was met with was a puzzled one. As if she had told him she didn't want to get married at all.

"What?" She asked, her hand coming up to caress his cheek. He blinked a few times before he opened his mouth to speak. "I...nothing, just...When that idea first came to mind, I was ready to make it into a joke. Assuming you would scold me for even suggesting it" His look still carrying the same confusing expression.

"I mean, it took me a second but then, I think I realized how much sense it actually makes. Neither of us want anything big and that means neither of our parents as well, I'm guessing" Owen nodded. He moved his hand from her side to her hip, slowly stroking his thumb across her soft skin.

"So, why not at the housewarming. Karen and the boys are going to be there which is all I need" Claire said, moving her eyes from his, to his lips, then his jaw and up above his eyes to his brown half sweaty locks. "And my brother and sister, which is the only ones I really care about" Owen then said, giving her hip a small squeeze.

"But we need like a minister or something" Claire then said, the hopeful expression on her face, gone. Owen went into thinking mode. Going through everyone he knew. Coming up with no solution, he looked back at Claire. "I don't know any" He said. The tone of his voice, just as hopeless as their faces.

Just before Claire was about to drop her head back on his shoulder, she jumped slightly. "What about Franklin? Or Zia? I don't know, I just have a feeling one of them are ordained, don't ask why" Claire said, before turning around to look for her phone. "Claire, honey, are you sure?" Owen asked with his hand still on her, just the other hip now. She turned her head slightly to give him a questioning look, before turning back and dialing Franklin. "About what?" She asked, her mind concentrating hard, on what was going on, on her phone. "About...eh...I don't know, never mind" Owen said which earned him an 'I told you so' look from Claire, before she put her phone to her ear.

"Hey Franklin" Claire said. Owen couldn't hear what was being said on the other end of the line, but the talking was very clear. "Alright yes, I miss working with you too, but I have something to ask you" Claire continued after Franklin got everything out of his system. "Oh, I was hoping...Zia? Alright I'll ask. Bye Franklin, and thank you" And with that, Claire hung up and quickly dialed another number.

She turned to Owen quickly to explain and catch him up on what was happening. "Franklin said he's pretty sure Zia is ordained" To which Owen nodded and sat up straighter, against the headboard. "Hey Zia...Mhm...Yea I was calling because Franklin told me you are ordained, is that right?...Great! Could you maybe do us a small favor next week then?...Well, Owen and I kind of decided to get married next week, at the housewarming party. And since you and Franklin are both going to be there, I took a shot and asked Franklin if he knew anyone who could marry us...You will? Thank you so much Zia, I owe you big time...Okay, yea...Bye" Claire ended the call with a big smile on her face. She turned to Owen to deliver the good news even know he most likely already got them.