One

Sam's P.O.V

"Dude, maybe you should put it down? I swear... you're obsessed." Dean complained and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not obsessed, I just really like it." Dean scoffed, looking at me from across the table.

"Sam, you're in love with this Y/N chick. You do get that it's just a book, right?" I looked at my brother in pure horror.

"Just a book?" Dean shrugged and I kicked him from under the table, just as Cas walked in with Charlie by his side. She seemed to be pestering him about something.

"Ow! Guys, Sam kicked me!" Dean yelled and I closed my book with a sigh.

"Whatcha reading Moosie?" Charlie grinned at me, completely ignoring Dean.

"It's called 'Two lives, one girl'." I muttered. The book was actually about this girl, Y/N. She was perfect, but sadly only a character. Anyway, Y/N was a girl who managed to juggle school and her life as a hunter, which was strangely accurate, with all the right methods.

"Oh! I've read that! Isn't Y/N just amazing?" Charlie grinned and I gave Dean a smug smile.
"You know she's real, right?"

"What?" Dean asked in surprise.

"Yeah, I've never met her personally, but I've met her father a few times, a good guy, he's actually a retired hunter." I looked at the redhead in surprise.
"Anyway, I think I've got his number somewhere, maybe we can go out for a drink or something?" Charlie pulled her phone out of her pocket and after a few moments she tapped a contact, calling someone and putting it on speaker.

"Hello?" A woman's voice asked on the other side. She sounded young, but tired.

"Hi, can we speak to Geoff L/N please? I'm a friend of his, Charlie Bradbury." There was a small silence on the other end of the line.

"He passed away a few weeks ago. I'm his daughter Y/N L/N, is there any chance I can help you?" Charlie looked shocked and I pulled her into a sort of side-hug. I could barely register that this was the girl I was reading about only minutes ago.

"How did he- you know?" Y/N sighed on the other end of the line and if this was any other circumstance I would probably feel exited.

"Animal attack." Y/N muttered and Charlie slammed her hands down on the table.

"Tell me the truth!" Dean and Cas both looked at her carefully. Y/N hesitated for a moment, before letting out a puff of breath.

"Demon. I've already killed the bastard. I don't know who you are, but if you knew my Dad, tell me something only he would tell you." Y/N said and Charlie looked confused for a second.

"You... you hated the books he wrote about you, but he kept writing because he wanted you to go down in history, to be known." Charlie's voice cracked a little.

"Where are you? I want- can we meet? Talk in person?" Charlie looked at us and Dean nodded his head.

"Lebanon, Kansas." Charlie cleared her throat.

"Good, I can be there in 5 hours. I'll text you details on where to meet." The line went dead and Charlie tucked the phone back into her pocket.

"Char, go get a few hours sleep." Dean suggested, but the redhead refused.
"Cas?" The angel stepped forward and Charlie stood up, moving away.

"I'm just going to put your mind at rest, a few hours sleep with be better than nothing." Cas managed to touch her head and she fell limply into his arms.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Dean muttered and Cas took Charlie to her room.

"I don't know, Dean. We'll go with her though, just to make sure."

"Obviously."

~Time Skip~

Charlie's phone buzzed and everyone turned to the device.
The redhead, who had woken up a little over an hour ago, picked up her phone, reading the message.

"Where're we meeting?" Dean asked and Charlie glared at him. She was still pissed that we forced her to sleep.

"We are not going anywhere. I am going to meet Y/N." Cas sighed in annoyance and I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Charlie, we're coming to make sure you're safe." She looked at me for a second.

"Fine." Dean grinned.
"But Sam's coming, not you two."

"Excuse me?" Cas asked in confusion.

"Sam can come because, one, he's read the books, two, Sam's my favourite." A look of disbelief appeared on Dean's face and I grinned a little.