Four

Y/N's P.O.V.

Sam had just finished explaining everything that had happened since the Supernatural books had ended. If it was anyone else who had explained it, I would have thought they were joking, but this was Sam Winchester.
I knew virtually everything about him from the books.

"Why did your father's books end? It was a few years ago right?" I let out a sigh an gave him an awkward smile.

"Yeah. He stopped writing them on my last year of med school when I dropped out." Sam looked at me in disbelief.

"You dropped out? But I thought you wanted to become a doctor?" I let out a small chuckle.

"I did." Taking a drink of the beer Sam gave me, I thought about how I could explain it.
"My last year was the same year Lucifer got out. Dropping out wasn't exactly optional. Then again, neither was being kidnapped by the devil and tortured, but shit happens."

"Lucifer- oh god. That's my fault." Sam muttered and I looked at him. 

"Not really. I went after him, thought I could take on the devil. I was wrong. I got away after 5 months, barely alive, and that's when it all went quiet. Rumours of you taking him down into the cage only weeks later." I took another drink of my beer.
"Honestly, doing that, you probably saved my life. I was going to go back after him, but you beat the devil. Shows how much stronger you guys are."

"No." Sam said firmly.
"You survived 5 months of torture, almost no one can deal with that, especially not if Lucifer is the one doing it. Not to mention that you escaped on your own, I couldn't have done that. You're more than definitely the strongest person I know."

"Thanks, but I'm nothing like I used to be. The Y/N that my father wrote about? I'm just a shell of her. Sorry if I'm not exactly what you were expecting." Sam gave me a look that showed he understood and I gave him a smile.
"I feel like I shouldn't complain, you did a year with him in Hell."

"Barely, I had no soul when Cas pulled me out and when he put my soul back in I nearly died. You are a hell of a lot stronger than me."

"Just kiss already!" I jumped, turning to see Dean, Charlie and Castiel looking at us.
Dean and Char were smirking, but Cas just looked confused.

"We came in through the garage, but apparently you didn't notice." Dean grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't understand." Cas muttered.
"Sam can I talk to you for a minute?" The angel walked out of the room and Sam shrugged before following him.

"You and Sammy, eh?" Dean asked, sitting opposite me, a shit-eating grin on his face.

Sam's P.O.V.

"What's up, Cas?" The angel looked up at me, a look of pure confusion on his face.

"We're not supposed to tell humans this, but angels can see and understand bonds." I had not idea what he was saying, but I nodded my head.
"For example you and Dean share a sibling bond and Dean and I have a profound bond. Bonds are like connections. Connecting a human, or other creature, with something they appreciate, love or respect. Charlie has several bonds with technology, you have bonds with books and Dean has a particularly strong bond with his car."

"What are you saying Cas? Why do I need to know this?" He opened his mouth and closed it again.

"Some people are born with... different bonds. I believe you might call it a soulmate. You both you and Y/N were born with these bonds, but they weren't connected. Y/N's was broken a long time ago and yours did too." I ran a hand through my hair.

"Cas you- I don't know what you mean. Soulmates? Are you telling me that both of our soulmates are dead?" The angel sighed.

"Yes, But it's highly unlikely you met them before they died. Most people's never meet them. But yours and Y/N's broken bonds are... connecting. I didn't even think it was possible." The angel stated.
"It's an unbelievably strong bond too, I've never seen one like it."

"So we're...what? Soulmates?" The angel nodded his head.