Twelve

Y/N's P.O.V.

When I woke up, something felt different. The smell of freshly cooked food was in the air and I was wrapped in what felt like a blanket of warmth.
I opened my eyes and Sam was smiling down at me.

"Morning, Princess." He kissed my head and I looked at him in shock.

"You're awake!" I whisper yelled, causing him to chuckle.
"I'm so glad you're ok, does Dean know you're awake?"

"Who?" I looked at him in confusion.

"How hard did you hit your head? Dean, your brother?" Sam looked at me with furrowed brows and I sat up.

"I don't have a brother, I don't know what you're-" The door opened, revealing Cas.
"Cas, please explain to Y/N that I do not have a brother? All my family died in a house fire when I was 6 months old."

"Sam... What?" I shrugged my shoulders.
"You do have a brother, his name is Dean Winchester and how hard did you hit your head?" Sam stood up and shook his head.

"No I don't."

"What's the last thing that you remember? No, tell me everything you remember." Cas said slowly and I took Sam's hand, sitting him back down.

"When I was 6 months old a demon named Azazel killed my mother and burned my house down, I had a big brother named Dean, who got me out, but then later died because of lung damage and burns. I was adopted by my uncle Bobby, who taught me how to hunt and kill monsters. I met Y/N when we were teenagers and we were practically inseparable until I left for Stanford." Sam continued to talk about his life, describing events that happened to him and Dean, but I replaced Dean in almost every one.

"Sam-" Cas tried to interrupt, but Sam wouldn't let him.

"We were in a hunt and a werewolf tried to kill us using a hand grenade and Y/N protected me, by sacrificing herself. I managed to get us outside, Jody brought us back here and you, Crowley and some random guy ran out to help us." Someone tried to open the door, but Cas raised his hand, using his mojo to keep it shut.

"Cas? What's going on?" Dean yelled through the door and I looked at the angel.

"I'll go, you figure this out, please." I kissed Sam's head and walked towards the door, leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

"Y/N? What the hell is going on?" All three girls appeared and I sighed. Dean helped me downstairs after I promised him that I would explain.

"Sam hit his head and when he was unconscious he created another life inside of his head." I looked at Dean.
"It's practically the same, except Dean, you died because of the fire that killed your mother."

"No," Dean muttered.
"Is this some kind of sick joke?"

"I wish it was." I sighed.

"But he remembers everything else? Everyone?" Jody asked and I nodded my head.

"I think so. He thinks Bobby raised him and that we met when we were teenagers." Dean ran a hand through his hair.
"When I was training to become a doctor, I worked with a patient with very similar symptoms and if we're lucky he should get his memory back in a few days."

"If we're not lucky?" Claire asked nervously.

"A few months, a year at most." Dean stood up.
"Cas is taking a look at him now, but we can't be sure when it will come back."

"I'm going for a drive." He left without another word and he slammed the door shut.

"Sam has practically replaced Dean with me, how the hell am I supposed to deal with that?" Jody pulled me into a hug and I felt a few tears slip out.

Sam's P.O.V.

Dean did die.
I'm sure of it.
If he didn't die than how did I meet Y/N? It wouldn't have been when we were kids.

"Sam, concentrate." Cas complained and there was a loud bang from downstairs. I stood up, but the angel pushed me back down.
"Focus on the man that ran out with me after your hunt went wrong." He played with his phone for a second, before showing me a picture.
"Is this him?"

"Yeah." The picture was obviously zoomed in, so I took the phone from him and set the picture back to its original size. It was a picture of me, Ellen, Jo, Bobby, Cas and the guy.
"When was this taken? And why isn't Y/N with us?"

"You only met Y/N a few weeks ago, Sam. You read about her in the books that her father published when you were younger. She read the books about you and Dean written by Chuck Shurley. You met and there was an instant connection. That man? That's your older brother, Dean Winchester. Alive and probably pissed that you don't remember him." The angel snapped.
"You created an alternate world inside your head, but you need to remember, Sam. Y/N and Dean need you to remember."