Five

Y/N's P.O.V.

Sam's been acting kind of weird since he spoke to Cas, he's quiet. It's almost as if he's scared to say something.
I've been in the bunker for 3 days now and I've had enough of Sam's awkward energy. Dean and Charlie had been trying to help me with my dad's case, but the notes were confusing, even after we decoded them.
I walked over to Sam's room, which was a few doors down from mine, and knocked.

"Hey." Sam said quietly, when he answered the door.

"Can we talk?" A look of panic spread across his face, but it disappeared before I could say anything.

"Yeah." He opened the door wider and closed it once I came in. I sat down on his bed.
"What's up?"

"What did Castiel say to you? We were fine, then you spoke and you've been avoiding me."

"Sorry." Sam sighed, leaning against the wall.
"I just- it's hard to explain."

"Obviously." I sighed.
"I've got time."

"He told me about how angels can see bonds. You know, personal connections?" I nodded my head. It's information I already knew about, but I didn't want to interrupt.
"Anyway, apparently, we have a bond. A strong one."

"Not surprising, honesty  It's not like we know everything about each other." Sam chuckled a little and I smiled.
"How strong are we talking?"

"Soulmates." An awkward silence filled the room.

"Oh." I muttered and Sam looked at me carefully. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't attracted to him. I mean, he's gorgeous, he's a good guy, he understands some of the crap I've been dragged through and I feel like I've known him for years.

"Yeah." I swallowed nervously.

"Then why not just tell me? Why go to the effort of avoiding me?" I looked up at him and there was fear in his eyes.

"Because... everyone I've ever loved or tried to have a relationship with had gotten hurt, or dead. I like you Y/N, I do, but I don't know what I would do if you got hurt because of me." There were tears in his eyes and I stood up.
"I can't loose anyone else."

"Sam, if there's one thing that no one could change about me," I wrapped my arms around him and the Moose hugged me back.
"It's that I'm fucking stubborn. I'm not dying anytime soon and neither are you." We stayed like that for a while, just hugging.
At some point we moved so that we were laid on Sam's bed and I was curled into his chest and his arms were around me. For the first time in a while I felt genuinely safe and happy.

~Time Skip brought to you by Moose™️~

"We did it!" I jumped up, reaching under the pillow and pulling out the gun, pointing it at the redhead in the doorway. Her jaw was hanging and her eyes were wide. Sam shot up next to me and Dean stumbled in with a grin on his face.

"We did- woah." He froze and I groaned, dropping the gun and laying back down.
"Did you-"

"No." I yawned and Sam stood up. We were obviously both still fully dressed, except we weren't wearing shoes and Sam took off his flannel.

"Well uh- we'll meet you in the library." Charlie muttered, dragging Dean out of the room and slamming the door closed. I yawned and Sam laughed a little.

"I don't know what they did, but if it's not important I'm shooting them both." I sighed, getting out of bed. I stretched and stood up, slipping my shoes back on and Sam cleared his throat.

"Thanks, Y/N." I looked at him in confusion and he pulled me into another hug. I wasn't sure exactly what I had done, but Sam leaned down and kissed me on the head. My heart stopped for a second, before beating rapidly.

"Anytime." He gave me a small smile and we headed towards the library.
"Do what exactly did you two do?"

"We managed to make sense of some of your father's notes." My head changed into work mode and I walked towards the table.

"He was hunting something, but it wasn't a demon." Dean said and I looked at him.
"I think he was hunting an archangel."

"No, that doesn't- he wouldn't." I took a deep breath.
"Why now?"

"These notes go back a few years." Charlie said.
"There are only 4 Archangels, right?"

"Raphael and Gabriel are dead, Michael and Lucifer are in the cage." Dean shook his head.
"This doesn't make sense."

"He wanted revenge." Sam sighed and I looked at him.

"No, revenge wasn't- he hated the idea. Revenge would be torturing him. My dad wanted him dead."

"What are you talking about?" Dean asked and I slammed my hands against the desk.

"Damn it! This is why the demon killed him! Obviously word got out!" I paced the room, running my hand through my hair.
"Shit!"

"What is going on?" The angel walked in and I leaned my head against the wall.

"Not sure, Cas." Dean muttered and I let out a sigh.

"Lucifer." I turned back to them.
"I went after Lucifer alone and he tortured me. My dad died because he wanted to kill the bastard that hurt me. Who's fault is that?"

"Lucifer's." Sam said and I shook my head.

"No, his death is on me."