Blake (Belle- Beauty and the Beast) Chapter 3

You smile as Blake moves another pawn on the chess board. You two had decided to play a little friendly game since there was a blizzard going on outside. Earlier in the day, the two of you had went outside to play on the snow like you promised you would.

It had been fun, a little too fun. It was so fun in fact that the awkwardness between the two of you seemed to thin a little bit. He had been kind to you and had even looked at you in a certain way. It was a look that said he trusted you and perhaps even felt something for you.

Your heart would thump out of control whenever he would give you that look, for it had happened more than once.

You had wanted to do something nice for him because you still felt kind of bad for making him stay there for eternity. So after the two of you came inside to warm yourselves up, you had blindfolded him, telling him you had a surprise for him.

"What is it? Can you at least give me a hint?" He had asked you with the excitement of a child.

You chuckled and gently pulled him towards a huge room that was shrouded in darkness because the curtains were drawn in.

"Wait right here" you told him, leaving him standing in the doorway as you walked over and opened up all the curtains to bathe the room in glowing yellow light.

You could practically see the smile on his face as you quickly walk back over to him.

"I will take your blindfold off, but I want you to keep your eyes closed, okay?" You asked him patiently.

He nods, giving you the cue to take off the blindfold. You held the fabric cloth in your paw as you slowly walk behind him.

"Alright, you can open your eyes now" you tell him in a gentle voice.

You guessed he did by the gasp you heard. You smiled, a bit proud of yourself because you had never shown anyone your library that contained thousands upon thousands of books before. It was comforting to hear that you may be starting to make some progress with him.

"Do you like it?" You ask him a bit shyly, for you actually were never really a smooth talker when it came to someone you actually liked.

"Its amazing, all of these books are yours?" He asks looking over at you with excitement and happiness in his eyes. You nod slowly and smile.

"Well I was planning on giving this library to you. It really has no use to me considering it's been a long time since I've been here .... actually I have forgotten how to read all together" You say a bit ashamed of yourself because now he probably thought that you were weak and useless.

"Well it never hurts to relearn if you are really willing to do so. I would be happy to reach you, most of the people in my village found it add that I would want to read all the time and I even tried to teach some of the young girls and boys to read, it didn't really help much with my reputation though ...." he says with a sad smile.

"Well if you don't mind it, I would appreciate it if you would re-teach me" you say, trying to smile without it being scary.

He nods and smiles as he walks over to one of the windows.

"If you don't mind me asking .... why were you so cold to me and my mother?" He asks looking at you over his shoulder.

You sigh and sit down in a nearby chair that had a matching partner right across from it.

"If I had to be perfectly honest, there was a time when I wasn't like this at all ... but that was before a dramatic change in my life occurred" you admit, picking up a children's book that was sitting on the table beside you.