Malice (Maleficent - Sleeping Beauty) Final Part 1

This Chapter is dedicated to @PrincessTeyha - (Thank you for your entry, it is a very interesting one and I am very happy that you chose to do it, so thank you! 🤗 )

~

You think you may know the story of how the dark fairy fell in love with the mortal who would ultimately betray him. How there was a curse that put a princess into a sleep-like death. Or even how there was a sword fight with fire and weapons and a fearless dragon.

You may think you know, but really it was much more than you were told. For you see the story is actually yours.

When you had planned on surprising Malice with a gift during that joyous holiday, he himself had planned on giving you one as well. However, the two of you never expected the visit of an unwelcomed blast from the past that night either.

Diavel had helped you with the gifts as much as she could, but, even though she was able to turn human, she still didn't quite know how to read yet. The original plan was for you to go to town with her, but you soon forgot Malice's words that in turn held a warning.

The moment that you opened the black oak door and walked out into the sunlight, you felt a surge of energy pass through you which sent a chill up your spine. You tried to ignore the uneasy feeling that was beginning to take form in the back of your mind as you strode on towards the evergreen clearing just up ahead. From the opening, it was said that you could see the whole town from there.

This being your first time out of the fortress since the stupid bet you made with your friends to go there in the first place made you smile from ear to ear. You use to love basking in the sunshine, letting its warmth fill your bones with such a wonderfully free sensation.

It was times like those that you missed the most, but you had to stay. It wasn't just because you were basically trapped there, but also because the whole being an innocent bystander that was tricked into going into the Devil's Den was a complete and total lie. It was something you merely made up to keep him from discovering the true reason as to why you had entered his domain in the first place.

However, after your first interaction with him, your heart wouldn't stop hammering in your chest and your cheeks had become inflamed with a virgin-like innocence. You had felt a connection, one that you knew he had felt as well. That is the reason why he tried to use his powers on you - to make you forget him.

But there was a reason why you had let him know that there was no use in trying to make them work. There was also a reason why you chose to keep your non-innocence a secret because in truth you lacked any kind of innocence at all - well except for the virgin part.

The main reason being that despite what you were originally sent there to accomplish, you had fallen hopelessly in love with him. Many a times you had wanted to tell him, to shout it out to the world (of course everyone basically already knew but him), but the secrets that you keep from him may cost you greatly in the end.

So for now you chose to keep it a secret until the time is right, because even death is a better fate than the torture you would surely endure if he ever found out the truth of your lying ways.

And as a flashback of one of the many secrets you hold comes to mind, you and Diavel come to the clearing's edge that looked over the town.

You smiled down at it noticing that not much has changed since the last time you ventured through. The thought of perhaps even purchasing one of Mr. O'Nelly's pastries seemed to make your smile brighten. But it was Diavel's caw of attention that brought you back from your daydream of sweets and sugars galore.

"Mistress/ Master (y/n), we really should get going and get back before dark. You know how the trolls and shifters get restless at night" She coos as she flutters her wings a bit which only seemed to emphasize her point.