Edan (Elsa - Frozen) Chapter 3

It was a cold and dreary winter night as you tried to making your way towards the castle. Your little house was built on the outskirts of the town and therefore it always took longer for you to walk to any given destination.

You had quickly patched up Andrew before he turned completely into ice while you hoped that the wound wasn't as serious as it seemed. You knew that you needed to get to Edan quickly because if something were to happen to his little brother before you got the chance to bring him back, Edan would live with the guilt for the rest of his life.

So you pull on your snow pants and boots, your thermal shirt and snow gloves, your jacket and hat before setting out to face what you hoped to be nothing but a bad dream. However, from what Andrew told you, it was probably all too real to be anything but a dream.

You walk past the bakery and the flower shop along with the butchers and the carpenter store. Everything seemed quiet and dead just as Andrew said, but what was even worse was the fact that the air around you grew colder and colder as you got closer to your destination.

As you come close to the bridge, your eyes grew wide from shock because of the scene in front of you. Everything from the tallest tower to the river gorge that surrounded the castle all around was crystallized in a beautiful blue ice.

You would know this form of magic all too well. Everything that Andrew said was true, which only made you more fearful to the horrors that could be learking just beyond the castle wall.

You slowly gain back your courage as you forged ahead calmly and slowly because you could not afford to slip on the ice and get hurt at a time like this. However, when you got to the courtyard, your breath became hitched in your throat.

Everyone from the village was frozen in place. Some looked like they had tried to flee and others just look shocked or confused. You tried to swallow the lump that has built itself up in hour throat. It was there to keep yourself from crying.

'How could Edan do such a thing?' You thought to yourself as you carefully made your way through the maze of statues, too afraid to touch one of them.

Andrew had told you that there may be a chance that they would crack if they were touched. So of course you just left him sitting in your chair at home instead of moving him to your bed. So taking his words to heart, you were able to make your way to the double door of the palaces entryway. They were already wide open so you quickly made your way through only to be met by another garden of statues.

You sigh in frustration as you attempt to make your way through that maze as well. Five grueling minutes later, you soon arrived at the double doors of the throne room, of course they were now shut, which seemed to be leaking coldness from the crack underneath. You gulped back the lump as you tried to gain enough courage to will yourself to open the doors.

However, just as you were about to push them open, they soon began to open on their own. You jump back frightened as you watched in horror. The doors opened to an empty throne room, you sighed I relief as you walk into the room to scope out if anyone was in there.

You noticed the huge throne, it too was now covered in the beautiful ice. It was quite different from the one you knew before though. Instead of it being marked by flower with dour petals on the backside of the great chair, it now showed a picture of a frightening ice dragon.

This made you back away in fear, however it wasn't a wall you bumped into. The smell of cool mint and sugar cookies invaded your senses as his warm breath fanned the back of your neck.

You knew it was Edan before you even turned around, but as you slowly turned around to see the loving face of the man you loved, never in all the time you loved him would you ever think that he would frighten you.