Hades (Hades - Hercules) Final Part 1

Blackness. Darkness. They can be considered one and the same, however in your case they are very different.

Blackness is the threshold between the light and dark that is each in turn trying to pull you towards your destiny at this very moment.

And why is that? Well to put it simply .... it is because you are dead.

You had ceased to exist, at least that's what you thought. But then again if that were the case then you wouldn't be able to see anything nor hear or feel anything.

You could see the Ripple between the darkness and the light. You could hear millions of voices, some saying chilling things and others saying sweet things. You could feel a coldness to your left and a warmness to your right.

It all depended on which way you wanted to go or so you thought.

When you first appeared in this new plain, you had closed your eyes to try to decipher what was going on and what the voices all around you were saying. However, when you re-opened your eyes a girl with a weird appearance was floating in front of you, making you gasp and stumble a bit.

"You scared me! What is this place? And why am I not dead yet?" You ask her curiously hoping she was friendly enough to answer your questions.

"This is the "Between". Its where souls are given a decision on what they would like to do" Her voice come out in a frightening echo as if it were inside your head.

"What they would like to do? What do you mean?" You ask her in confusion as you looked at her features closely.

Her hair was black on one side and pure white on the other. Her clothes matched her hair with various shades of black and white here and there on her dress from the ruffles and bows. But her boots were white with a cute little bat clipped on the laces.

However, what made you cautious was her eyes. They were practically see-through almost as if she was something other than a spirit.

"The dark side leads to nothingness, the light side back to where you were before you came here. But a word of caution, whatever situation you were in before will be unpaused and you will have to fix it yourself because if you come here a second time you will no longer get to decide your fate" She says in a steady, calm voice as she floats closer to you

"How do you know so much about this place?" You ask her curiously.

She smiles as she looks at the space to her left which was the light plain.

"I have been here for quite a while because this is my job you see, I am the keeper of the 'Between'. I was chosen after I had died and my soul come here instead of to the underworld" She states as she turns her attention to you once again, a sad smile now on her face.

"How did you die?" You asked her, watching in silence as her face seemed to turn even more white than it already was.

"I don't really like to talk about it with people I barely know. Plus it isn't very pleasant" she says with a sigh before regaining her composer.

You nod, accepting her decision even though she already knew how your life ended more than likely.

"Do you think I can conquer the darkness inside my heart?" You ask her curiously as you looked towards the light once again.

She nods and floats closer to you, taking your hand into hers, "you only need to find the will to make it disappear. Only you can do this, believe in your love for Hades and believe in yourself! That is the only way to be who you once were."

You sigh and nod as you pull your hand out of hers and float towards the light, holding your breath as you got as close as you possibly could without touching it.

"Here goes nothing" you say under your breath as you close your eyes and enter the light once again.

~

Your eyes flutter open to reveal that you were locked in a cage ment for wild beasts. Your head was throbbing and your heart was pounding a mile every minute. You felt dizzy and nauseous as you tried to sit up, but when you touched the bar to pull yourself upward you hissed in pain as the cool metal burned you.

Upon hearing your yelp, Cerberus lifts his head up, tail wagging as he looks over at you. He whimpers and calmly walks over to you, placing a paw on one if the bars in which you gently caress it.

"I'm sorry boy, I tried so hard to keep it at bay. I just wasn't strong enough to protect you or Hades, I'm so sorry" you tell him as tears fill your eyes in which he begins to howl.

It sounded sad and remorseful because he in turn was supposed to protect you and he failed at it. He couldn't make you happy enough to where the darkness wouldn't be able to touch you.

He remains close to the cage for the rest of the day until Hades arrives later on in the night to check on your progress.

She bends down in front of you to where you can clearly see her face. It looked as though she had been crying for hour upon no end. Even now she looked teary-eyed.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you (y/n). I never wanted this for you, I wanted your time with me to be an eternity of happiness and love. I should have just kept my mouth shut and let you hate me instead of telling you the truth. Then you wouldn't be in the state you are in now" she says clearly holding back a sob as she lays her forehead against one of the bars, her eyes closed in deep thought.

"I know, Hades. I don't blame you for what happened, but I was given a choice to either let my memory die or come back to fight the darkness inside of me and stay with you forever. I chose to come back because I believe I can beat this thing and with your help and support I know I can" you say as you gently take her hand, not caring that the cage was singeing your arm at that very moment.

Hades smiles sadly and nods as she opens the cage and gently helps you out. She takes you to the infirmary to bandage your burns.

"I take it you met her then? The girl with black and white hair and the glowing see-through eyes?" Hecate asks as she finishes wrapping your wounds.

"Yes, I had asked her how she died, but she wouldn't tell me ..." you say cautiously wondering how Hades knew about the strange girl and why she was asking you about her.

Hades sighs and come over to sit in front of you, taking your hands into hers.

"There is a reason for that and once I tell you the story, you must judge me for the deed I had to carry out. My sister Zera made me do it" she says looking down as if she were ashamed of something.

"Made you do what, Hades?" You ask her, your voice trembling with fear.

She looks up at you, a single tear flowing down her cheek as she says the words that will possibly make everything change.

"The reason she chose not to tell you is because of me. I'm the reason that she died .... because I am the one who killed her" Hades says in a trembling voice.

You suck in a breath and try to process what was just told to you. And all the while only one question seemed to enter your mind.

If Hades killed her, then how did she end up where she is now and more importantly, why does it seem like she knows her more than she is letting on?

And you will soon find out the truth as she tells you the devastating story that may very well change your view of her forever. Until next time.

To be continued ......

A/N: Hello my awsome Geeks and nerds! I hope you are all having a wonderful summer, but sadly school will be starting back for some of you soon, but cheer up and do your best! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and tell me your theories on why you think Zera made Hades kill the mysterious girl! Until next time my lovelies, have a great day/night and stay gold!!! 💙💜🧡