Chapter 2

(Brendons POV)

When we got back to the house, I went straight to my room. I stripped out of my wet uncomfortable clothes and changed into some pajamas. I always tend to do that. I'll over think, and bad things come from that. I hate myself, and I meant it when I said it. I see a flash of lightening strike and I roll my eyes, and shove myself under the covers in my bed.

I sniffle and groan, realizing that I'm probably gonna get sick. I hope not, that'll just be a few more days of me laying in bed, complaining and whining. Second thoughts that doesn't sound too bad. I turn on my tv, but then the volume down to just a light buzz. I wasn't gonna watch it, and to think of it, it was pretty useless for me to turn it on. It's a bad habit of mine that I need to break I suppose. A bad habit that I didn't plan on breaking any time soon. 

I look around my room, not sure what I should do. I cough, and sigh, sinking back into my bed. A nap. Maybe I can sleep off whatever sickness I can feel coming on, and sleep off my sadness too. I guess sleep really doesn't solve any problems, just kind of masks them for a bit until we come back to reality.

!

When I had woken up the first thing I noticed is how cold I suddenly felt. I was underneath my blankets and yet I can feel myself shivering. It's not fucking winter yet, what is this bullshit. Then I noticed the lack of being able to breathe out of my nose. I swallow harshly and wince at the stinging in my throat. No fucking way. I went to bed in hopes that I would wake up all fine and dandy and wake up with the flu. Well no, let's take a step back. I don't think I have the flu, perhaps a bad cold. I wonder if my voice is okay.

"H-hello." I test out and my voice came out weak and raspy. Great, and I was losing my voice. I stand up, and groan. It felt as if I hadn't slept in weeks, I feel weak and energyless. Yay me, congrats. I quite literally played myself. As I was walking down the stairs, I stumbled a bit, and I grip the railing with wide eyes. If I fall and break my neck, I'll.. I'm not sure what I would do. If it killed me, I guess nothing. Okay yep not funny.

I finish my journey down the stairs and go into the living room. "Hey Bre- are you okay?" Dallon asks and I nod slowly. "Yeah." I say and he visibly cringed. "Are you sick?" He asks. "Uh.. a bit yeah." I mumble and sit down next to him. God why was it so cold in here? I wrap my arms around myself and he frowns. He reaches up and presses a hand to my forehead, and his eyes widen. "B, you're burning up." Dallon notes and I stare at him. "I'm cold though. It's freezing in here, is the ac on?" I ask and he stands up. "You need to go lay down c'mon." Dallon says and I shake my head.

"Probably just a cold." I mumble. "You have a fever and you're voice is basically gone. Let's go." He says and I just stare at him. "Okay, the hard way it is." He says and literally picks me up. "Put me down!" I attempt to yell, but it sends a sharp pain through my throat and I quickly shut up, and wince. "You need to learn to take care of yourself. When you're sick, you need to relax." He says as he starts to walk up the stairs. "Today's not my day." I mumble, resting my head on his shoulder. He places me on my bed, pulling the blankets over me.

"Turn the heat on." I whisper. When I whispered it didn't hurt, also you couldn't tell the difference if I whispered or talked because it sounded the same. "I'll die, no. Here put this on." He says, pulling his sweatshirt off and tossing it at me. "Okay." I mumble and he sits beside me. "Stop talking, let your voice rest." Dallon says and I sit up, and pull on the sweater, pulling the covers back over myself. I take out my phone, and text him since my voice 'needs to be rested.'

Brendon: if you stay in here you're gonna get sick

"Are you really texting me?" Dallon asks while laughing and I nod. How else am I supposed to communicate? Fucking sign language? He lays down beside me, not going under the covers. Just laying on top of them. "I'm gonna stay in here with you while you're awake so you aren't lonely." He says.